MyCleanPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
MyCleanPC has to be a joke, right? I mean none of us are going to try them most likely, but I see those commercials and don't know what to think other than it must be easy money for someone to remotely hop onto your PC and run CCleaner. LOL
What do you think?

http://www.mycleanpc.com/

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I just visited their home page and it looks like some glorified registry cleaner and quasi Windows system tweaker is their primary pitch.
What a freakin' joke. What is worse is that millions of people will make these guys millionaires for really doing nothing at all except profiting off of paranoia that could be easily extinguished via local tools already on their Windows systems.

D

Deleted member 178

Beginners, old people willl rely on that. Seems a joke for us not for them ^^

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011

That puts things in perspective. I expect too much out of humans, across the board. LOL It is a flaw of mine.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
They are just trying to get your money.Probably tells you to run a scan on your PC and then tells you you have Viruses and Malware and if you buy their software it will magically make your PC like new.I wouldnt use it but the commercials are quite humorous.

I couldnt agree more.Its a shame because there is so much free help online.

I just visited their home page and it looks like some glorified registry cleaner and quasi Windows system tweaker is their primary pitch.
What a freakin' joke. What is worse is that millions of people will make these guys millionaires for really doing nothing at all except profiting off of paranoia that could be easily extinguished via local tools already on their Windows systems.

Prey on the weak and old a time honored tradition

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Check out Wot rating

It is a known television ad scam.

They even use a Mac with Windows BSOD in their commercials. ;)
The BSOD was fake, so was the Windows errors and crashes.

They have been taken to court many times for false advertising and had to pay heavy fees. I'm surprised they are still in business.

Thanks.:D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Littlebits said:
They even use a Mac with Windows BSOD in their commercials. ;)
The BSOD was fake, so was the Windows errors and crashes.

Thanks.:D

I will have to pay more attention next time the commercial is on I never noticed that.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
MyCleanPC asks:
"Does it takes more than three seconds for your email to load?" Yes because not everyone's internet is that fast.
"Are you frustrated with error messages..." Not exactly if I'm doing something wrong then it's good to get an error and so I can fix that mistake.
...blue screens, computer freezes, and crashes?" Blue screens haven't had one, computer freezes upgrade to a better OS, crashes aren't those blue screens?
"If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, your computer and privacy may be at risk because these are usually the tell tale signs of a virus." Or a legit program with high ram and/or CPU. unexpected hardware, system, or program failures. Your computer may be just slow.
Now I heard that the scan is free but you have to pay for removal.
"Even if you have anti-virus software your computer may still be infected." I think that is the only thing that is true, but which would you chose advice from security experts and others who have actually tried software that has been proven effective or a repetitive commercial. So hard to choose... Experts.

I found that MyCleanPC is under new ownership of USTechSupport it used to be under CyberDefender Corp (second 43).

Source of Quotes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9m2s6QG1Q0

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
[undefined=undefined]They even use a Mac with Windows BSOD in their commercials[/undefined]

LOLOL

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Another thing is it is just a fake registry cleaner it doesn't ever detect malware period like the television advertisement claims.

They are several reviews of it on Youtube, one in particular where a user just installs Windows 7 at default settings and run the scan and it finds a lot of non-existent errors and suggest you to buy to fix them. I wished I could find that video.

It's a total scam, CCleaner is free and trusted. I have read reports that it actually uses an open-source freeware as its scanning engine, but charges people to use it. The main difference is it is setup to always find errors where they exists or not during the free scans.

Their older television advertisement use a Mac Book with Windows BSOD and errors. The new advertisements corrected the errors.

All the ads on Youtube have commits closed because they know it is a scam and people will alert others.

Enjoy!!:D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Littlebits said:
Another thing is it is just a fake registry cleaner it doesn't ever detect malware period like the television advertisement claims.

They are several reviews of it on Youtube, one in particular where a user just installs Windows 7 at default settings and run the scan and it finds a lot of non-existent errors and suggest you to buy to fix them. I wished I could find that video.

It's a total scam, CCleaner is free and trusted. I have read reports that it actually uses an open-source freeware as its scanning engine, but charges people to use it. The main difference is it is setup to always find errors where they exists or not during the free scans.

Their older television advertisement use a Mac Book with Windows BSOD and errors. The new advertisements corrected the errors.

All the ads on Youtube have commits closed because they know it is a scam and people will alert others.

I dont know if this was the the video you were referring to in the previous post but here is a video showing a new pc formatted with a fresh instal of windows and never connected to the internet with MyCleanPC installed from a USB drive....pretty much says it all about "my clean pc":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF8UvZw9hy4

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
White Nobster said:
Littlebits said:

I dont know if this was the the video you were referring to in the previous post but here is a video showing a new pc formatted with a fresh instal of windows and never connected to the internet with MyCleanPC installed from a USB drive....pretty much says it all about "my clean pc":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF8UvZw9hy4

It is not the same video that I was referring to, but it pretty much explains the exact same thing. The one I was talking about was a new Windows 7 system.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I thought Anonymous was a force for good that is supposed to constantly crash sites like MyCleanPC, yet they are no where to be found; NOW THAT IS TRULY "ANONYMOUS". LOL

D

Deleted member 178

they have shares on it, so they can expend their botnets :lolz:

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I thinking I should give them a call and ask many tough questions while portraying a positive attitude just see how they respond---man how the lies will start flying once they attempt to answer those questions!

D

Deleted member 178

lol it will be funny especially with highly geeky words. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.