MyCouponsmart can’t be deleted from my google chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

regrettingmycarelessness

Thread author
Dec 24, 2019
Question:
The Smart Search malware showed up randomly on my Google Chrome, even though I haven’t downloaded any extensions to it. My Chrome settings say that my browser is managed by my “organization,” which I’ve never had as part of my settings, and it has MyCouponsmart listed as my organization. It’s in the extension tab, but it doesn’t have the option to remove it, delete it, or turn it off. I’ve reset my Chrome settings multiple times, and I’ve deleted the entire application from my computer and redownloaded it, and it’s still a problem. I don’t know what to do, because I have important information preset in Google Chrome, both personally and for a foundation I run PR for.

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi , regrettingmycarelessness ...! Welcome to MalwareTips ..! I am icotonev and will be helping you with your computer problems..!

Run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • press Scan button
  • it will produce a log called Frst.txt in the same directory the tool is run from
  • please copy and paste log back here.
  • the first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the Frst.txt into your reply.

Logs to include with next post:

Frst.txt
Addition.txt

Thanks...! :)

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Due to lack of response, this topic will now be closed. If you need support, please begin a new thread, and provide a link to this topic. Have a nice evening...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.