MYFreeAntivirus 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayanami

Thread author
Jan 14, 2012
hxxp://www.mysecuritycenter.com/en/products/my-free-antivirus

Not released yet . use bitdefender engine(more exactly,difference between the product and Bitdefender just lie in their name).

If you have interest, go to
hxxp://www.mysecuritycenter.com/en/products/my-free-antivirus

and choose 1 user version

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Doesn't look professional or trustworthy. Very mixed reviews from different sites, dating back to 2008.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
WOT flags this as red:

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/mysecuritycenter.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=rw-viewsc

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Funny that they show av-test.org badges for a completely different product. This looks roguish. Given the poor reputation I've edited the links in the first post.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
bogdan said:
Funny that they show av-test.org badges for a completely different product.

That is kind of funny that would cause suspicion to people who check. Although unfortunately I don't check that. But now I will.

bogdan said:
This looks roguish. Given the poor reputation I've edited the links in the first post.

Good call.

It is also funny that they ask you for your phone number and it is required. and that it is $14.99 for an install on three PCs. Why not just make multiple accounts or whatever and keep it for free.

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
bogdan said:
Funny that they show av-test.org badges for a completely different product. This looks roguish. Given the poor reputation I've edited the links in the first post.
Not really, because those badges are obviously there to advertise their re-branded BD products. I always found this company to be rogueish (their name is a yellow card right there) but they appear to be legit at the same time. The WOT page is full of mixed reviews so... yeah. TM, Norton, McAfee, and Comodo give the page a green rating. Anyways...

The company is headquartered in Malaga, Spain.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/mycenter
Blog: http://blog.mysecuritycenter.com/

Blog post announcing their partnership with BitDefender: http://blog.mysecuritycenter.com/201...security-ever/

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
So who's gonna test it then ?

We've seen this UI before :D

XDN9Q.jpg

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
NSG001 said:

Have never seen that UI before... :lol: =)) come on. It says that they use a Bitdefender engine. They never said they used the Bitdefender theme. They need some originality.

P

Plexx

Earn money and win great prizes. Sure will get the user to click there!

Any guinea pigs to test this one out?

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Malware Maniac said:
NSG001 said:

Have never seen that UI before... :lol: =)) come on. It says that they use a Bitdefender engine. They never said they used the Bitdefender theme.
Have you guys ever heard of Auslogics or any other AV that also not only legally licensed the engine but BitDefender's technology as a whole? Seriously yes, BitDefender allows them to do that and yes people do buy it.

They said "partnership" which is not limited to simply the engine. Come on now, use your brain Mr. Maniac.

Guinea pigs at Wilders have already installed it. ;) They use BD's 2012 engine and technology, and runs light on the system according to one user. It runs three processes at about 13-15 mbs and looks and acts exactly like BD. Yep, it will force you to uninstall MBAM first.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Tobi said:
They said "partnership" which is not limited to simply the engine. Come on now, use your brain Mr. Maniac.

But they could have made the UI a little like their logo with blue text and white chat icon.

P.s. how was I suppose to know that a partnership included an almost exact UI replication I thought it was just the signature database.

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Malware Maniac said:
P.s. how was I suppose to know that a partnership included an almost exact UI replication I thought it was just the signature database.
Uhhh... I don't know? lol Figured you guys have seen the other BD copies...

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Results on Wilders and Nsane forums were positive. Downloading now and going to give it a try. :)

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Only BD sells of the whole thing. No other AV company gives out the whole interface and etc. Mostly they only purchase the AV engine. Firewall antispam and behavioral blocker are home built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.