N.Nvt Brand new BTO X•BOOK 17CL56 - GTX Config

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Dang! that's awesome :D pretty solid config!! I like how a unique sessions is being made automatically within 15 minutes and I like how the web filter works and TNDA as well :D
So if I understand you correctly, basically IF any malwares or spywares or any users attempting to access the internet they simply got blocked automatically right?
Although this kind of setup is kinda overrated and unnecessary for casual home users like me but this is perfectly fit for doing serious stuff like you do!! I like it! thanks for sharing you config :)

PS : I simply agree with Bora :D

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
This is such a great system! In fact, with a system like this, Rahadian's (Batman's) problem with Robin would be solved!:D
robin-gives-away-batcave-location.jpg

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
Dang! that's awesome :D pretty solid config!! I like how a unique sessions is being made automatically within 15 minutes and I like how the web filter works and TNDA as well :D
So if I understand you correctly, basically IF any malwares or spywares or any users attempting to access the internet they simply got blocked automatically right?
Although this kind of setup is kinda overrated and unnecessary for casual home users like me but this is perfectly fit for doing serious stuff like you do!! I like it! thanks for sharing you config :)

PS : I simply agree with Bora :D

Well the setup is solid and is used amongst better organized companies who deal with large amounts of private costumer data.
If i would not maintain some level of security then if things go wrong my clients would sue me so hard that i do not taste the difference anymore between ##### and French fries after they are done with me.

And i am not sure what you mean with overrated? But the security is not that tight, i could switch a few things around and make it fortnox however the biggest plus to this setup is that it has so called self recovery.
Lets assume that the security fails for whatever reason and rootkit/killsystem.lmao is being applied then it still would have no effect as the self recovery feature within the session control will instant wipe the client PC and deny any system change.
So incase of a large security breach or a system error the Admin server can correct it right away and deal with it.
And yes due to the 15 minutes session expire time you basically have a hardened virtual box that does not allow any intrusion & malwares penetrate the system as the system itself just does not allow any data transmission unless specific specified in the root config.

So to explain it even better it is a closed network that by default will block and deny any contact with the outside world unless specific specified. Or in a funny way i created my own little cyber North Korea lmao.
But yeah the system is solid, hardened and virtually hacker proof.
And yes it is NOT configured for home use as it is configured for a specific goal and a pre-defined set of work options.

Cheers

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Was Norton Online Backup complimentary or additional costs?

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
Was Norton Online Backup complimentary or additional costs?
I ordered my software trough our company so i got most of the additional software for free.
However for "normal" costumers its going to cost you € 39.99 which is a pretty penny however N-backup is really really good and solid.
And yes it costs a lot but its guaranteed quality.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Well the setup is solid and is used amongst better organized companies who deal with large amounts of private costumer data.
If i would not maintain some level of security then if things go wrong my clients would sue me so hard that i do not taste the difference anymore between ##### and French fries after they are done with me.

And i am not sure what you mean with overrated? But the security is not that tight, i could switch a few things around and make it fortnox however the biggest plus to this setup is that it has so called self recovery.
Lets assume that the security fails for whatever reason and rootkit/killsystem.lmao is being applied then it still would have no effect as the self recovery feature within the session control will instant wipe the client PC and deny any system change.
So incase of a large security breach or a system error the Admin server can correct it right away and deal with it.
And yes due to the 15 minutes session expire time you basically have a hardened virtual box that does not allow any intrusion & malwares penetrate the system as the system itself just does not allow any data transmission unless specific specified in the root config.

So to explain it even better it is a closed network that by default will block and deny any contact with the outside world unless specific specified. Or in a funny way i created my own little cyber North Korea lmao.
But yeah the system is solid, hardened and virtually hacker proof.
And yes it is NOT configured for home use as it is configured for a specific goal and a pre-defined set of work options.

Cheers

Hehe, yep I understand..I believe your clients will feel safe since you provide the best for them :)
Ah don't get me wrong buddy, which I meant "overrated" was..it's over power and unnecessary for casual home users like me, but of course this kind of config is must..especially when dealing with serious stuff (for business) in fact I'm really interested with this config, and about how to create and configure such a tight config like yours :cool: (for my home work) FYI I'm a student and currently my teacher gave me instruction about how to create a solid config like yours, or at least how to create a secure network for cyber cafe for my final project. Your post really inspire me, thanks a lot! ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.