R5 1600
8 Gigs of RAM
1 TB HDD
Notable changes
Comodo FW + KSC Free
SUA
Memory Integrity
Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup configuration does not have a backup plan. We strongly recommend to add a backup solution for your data so that you can restore it in the case of an emergency.
    Backing up allows the recovery of data that has been lost due of a malware attack (eg. ransomware) or a hard disk crash. In such events you might lose family photos, your music collection, documents, or financial data. Backups are fast and simple to perform so it should be done on a regular basis.

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
- Reinstalled Forticlient with only antivirus module

Web filter cause random connectivity issues. (one specific site refuses to load at all)
Yes, I'm also experiencing some issues, FortiClient web filter is blocking absolutely safe websites such as bing.com. It looks like it's blocking random websites first, but it allows them later.
Not sure if it's due to some incompatibilities with Windows 10 version 2004

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Yes, I'm also experiencing some issues, FortiClient web filter is blocking absolutely safe websites such as bing.com. It looks like it's blocking random websites first, but it allows them later.
Not sure if it's due to some incompatibilities with Windows 10 version 2004
Another thing is that if a new version fixes it .
lastest version of Forticlient still isn't free.

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
Installed CIS.

x.png

0.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png
7.png

8.png

9.png

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

Hi,

Just one suggestion. I would enable the Scanning Optimisation for Real-Time protection. Keeping it disabled will cause files to be rescanned again and again, which is pointless when you have other powerful layers found in Comodo. In a long run, not only it can decrease your performance, but also, the lifespan of your HDD/SDD.

Let @cruelsister have a look at other settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
Just one suggestion. I would enable the Scanning Optimisation for Real-Time protection. Keeping it disabled will cause files to be rescanned again and again, which is pointless when you have other powerful layers found in Comodo. In a long run, not only it can decrease your performance, but also, the lifespan of your HDD/SDD.

I tested it myself and found 'on access' scanning to be much reliable and faster. Also as far as i can observe, on access scan uses transient cache as well. I don't see any disk usage from comodo when running a program second time.

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
Today my system just stuck at welcome screen on startup without an apparent reason. No matter how many times i restarted i couldn't get into desktop. I have had to boot into safe mod and run ciscleanup script and looks like that fixed the issue. Im suspecting that my configurations probably blocked a script or a file that's created by Windows itself because it hasn't got yet flagged safe by Comodo. Maybe it could have been solved by itself if i waited but anyway i decided no. I will either install again and add some exclusion rules for Windows system proccesses or install McAfee ENS or AVG.

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

Today my system just stuck at welcome screen on startup without an apparent reason. No matter how many times i restarted i couldn't get into desktop. I have had to boot into safe mod and run ciscleanup script and looks like that fixed the issue. Im suspecting that my configurations probably blocked a script or a file that's created by Windows itself because it hasn't got yet flagged safe by Comodo. Maybe it could have been solved by itself if i waited but anyway i decided no. I will either install again and add some exclusion rules for Windows system proccesses or install McAfee ENS or AVG.
That’s why I suggested you don’t overkill your system. It’s not necessary and it might break your system and patience 😅😅
If you keep Comodo, make sure you find a balance of productivity and security, which will most likely be the default setup.

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
That’s why I suggested you don’t overkill your system. It’s not necessary and it might break your system and patience 😅😅
If you keep Comodo, make sure you find a balance of productivity and security, which will most likely be the default setup.
Yeah the default setup were actually good :D

Guess im going to choose CFW with tweaked Defender. By the way, Defender instantly blocked the sample you sent me with wacatac(I guess ml based) named detection.

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

Yeah default setup were actually good :D

Guess im going to choose CFW with tweaked Defender. By the way, Defender instantly blocked the sample you sent me. I guess wacatac is the nickname for ML based static detections.
Wacatac is the name of a trojan that can perform various actions. Normally all AVs have clear markings of what’s detected by machine learning. Indicators can vary, but mostly you’ll see a number, which represents the machine learning model. It might have ML or AI appendix and you might see percentage of confidence with some.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.