Operating system
Windows 10
Log-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
KPN Veilig ( F-secure safe rebrand provided by my IPS for free )
Voodooshield Free ( always on )
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
there is next to none to tinker with in f-secure and voodooshield free ,
added Hard_configurator for system wide hardening ( recommended settings ) and added all of the lolbins to win firewall with H_c
Periodic malware scanners
Emsisoft Emergency Kit - Malwarebytes Anti Malware

adwcleaner
roguekilller
jrt tool
zhpcleaner when needed
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Brave : Bitdefender Traficlight - Netcraft - Ublock Origin - Lastpass - Internet Download Manager extension

Chrome : with the same extensions as Brave

both browsers are tweaked with the same security related flags.
Maintenance tools
Wisecare Pro , Bleachbit , Kerish Doctor , Privazer , Revo Uninstaller Pro.

Software Updaters :

Patchmypc
Ruckzuck
Sump
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Free
System recovery
Eazyfix professional
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
Hp Elitebook

Nautilus

Level 2
Thread author
Apr 27, 2020
Hi all after many , many years of swithching on and off with various 3rd party security software I decided to ditch it all and just rely on ms built in security. so hereby my current setup. any feedback negative or good is much apreciated ;)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Regarding extensions:
- Window Defender Browsing Protection isn't needed as someone stated in a previous post that MS Edge Chromium has this as default, it's just eating up additional CPU
- Privacy Possum, Decentraleyes and Trace: maybe stick to one or two, as two of these extension may also block the same things
- HTTPS Everywhere really isn't needed if you have Netcraft, plus most sites (including MT) use HTTPS as default

Lovely use of MBAM Firewall Control and using Andy Ful's software, I believe this is a strong setup for sure. Just make sure you backup your info frequently as well.

~LDogg

Nautilus

Level 2
Thread author
Apr 27, 2020
some changes :

* replaced rolback rx home , with Eazifix Professional ( lifetime ) ( rollback rx clone )
* replaced macrium reflect with easeus todo backup home ( lifetime )
* replaced NVT syshardener with simplewindowshardening
* removed privacy possum , decentraleyes , fluffbusting and trace form the extensions list
* removed brave and replaced with edge chromium

Nautilus

Level 2
Thread author
Apr 27, 2020
although I some innitial problems with my wifi connection ( bug !?! ) I have managed to upgrade to win 10 2004.

Hello my friend! EaseUS has failed many people before; it failed to restore backups. I suggest you have a look at AOMEI (has many giveaways).
Hi brother thanks for your comment! I did have Aomei on my system a couple of months back , but It failed also on my machine.

Nautilus

Level 2
Thread author
Apr 27, 2020
some changes :

removed all unecessary software that hog up recources :

adguard premium
norton 360

Norton 360 is a nice product but the load on the system / web browsing gets heavier , the longer you use the program , it sounds crazy , but this is my experience at the moment. still have an active subsription to it for a year and a half , but I will not make use of it anymore.

removed adguard because it drains the battery of my refurbised laptop that much faster.

Installed / replaced with ( after reverting a fresh Eazyfix baseline image )

Windows Defender ( Hardened with Configure Defender at Maximum Settings )
System hardened with Hard Configurator ( Recommended Settings )
Windows Firewall ( Hardened with Firewall Hardening )

Microsoft Edge with various flags and Internet Download Manager , Css Exfil , Netcraft , Bitdefender Traficlight Ublock Origin , Trace and Lastpass as extensions

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.