Advice Request Need Advice/Discussion

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gantrix

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 7, 2013
Hello, Everyone just got a question I need answered and possible start a discussion. I just recently had to uninstall emsisoft anti-malware due to license expiring. I decided to go with Kaspersky Security Cloud free/Kaspersky Free whatever you call it. I was wondering if my setup is safe enough. I play game do college work download stuff watch tv movies etc. I have heimdal/Thor premium for a year and adguard. Was curious if kaspersky cloud free along with said products is good or do I need to add a firewall like osarmor or comodo firewall? Also to add i do have macrium relect free as backup solution. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
You should post here to: PC Security Configuration

And fill up your current setup, then members can help you better

Kaspersky free av is enough, but you can harden with comodo firewall or OSArmor, since both of them are very light and easy to use

I like comodo firewall + av solution because cf is very light, doesnt bother you with useless alerts and can prevent all frauds, good antivirus is just first line defense , but cf is the back of your system. If youre going to use ( you should) macrium relect, or any other backup software you can always revert changes if something mess up

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.