Need an advice on changing isp data plan...

Brahman

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
My ISP is offering me two options at the same price for my family connection.
Option 1: 200 Mbps with 2000Gb for 30 days
Option 2: 100 Mbps with 4000Gb for 30 days.
There is a 4k tv, 4 mobile phone, one pc, and two laptops and a few iot devices connected to the routers. Which one should I opt for?

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Ah, you probably Also have QoS options available. 2TB is a lot for a cap. If you don't generally use that much the higher speed may be beneficial for speeding up downloads. If you get close to that much in a month then I'd go with the slower plan and implement QoS if needed.

Brahman

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Ah, you probably Also have QoS options available. 2TB is a lot for a cap. If you don't generally use that much the higher speed may be beneficial for speeding up downloads. If you get close to that much in a month then I'd go with the slower plan and implement QoS if needed.
Sound perfect to me. Thanks a lot ...

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
I went from 50 Mbps to 940 Mbps and see no difference in day to day usage of my computer, the only difference is downloading something. And I could really care less if something takes 20 seconds or 60 seconds to download. I don't download big files such as movies, games etc.

Brahman

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
I went from 50 Mbps to 940 Mbps and see no difference in day to day usage of my computer, the only difference is downloading something. And I could really care less if something takes 20 seconds or 60 seconds to download. I don't download big files such as movies, games etc.
For one person it would not make much difference. I have way too many devices connected to the network and at a time atleast two devices consumes 2k or above 2k content. I don't know if a 200 Mbps is going to make a drastic change or not but I am going to experiment with both the plans, i have talked with my ISP today they are willing to give me both the plans for alternative months to check which is appropriate for me and then choose one. So fingers crossed... thanks again for suggestions.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
My ISP is offering me two options at the same price for my family connection.
Option 1: 200 Mbps with 2000Gb for 30 days
Option 2: 100 Mbps with 4000Gb for 30 days.
There is a 4k tv, 4 mobile phone, one pc, and two laptops and a few iot devices connected to the routers. Which one should I opt for?

Does your ISP impose fair use? This is unheard of on a fixed connection Oo

Brahman

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Does your ISP impose fair use? This is unheard of on a fixed connection Oo
No restriction on data use, after the allotted data expires the connection speed gets reduced to 10Mbps. No more questions asked. The competition is pretty high here in India ( to be exact state called Kerala) and in my locality we have 5 internet service providers who are fighting it out to gain more consumers. So at the moment we the consumers are the kings..

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.