Need Good Protection

Zerion

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2016
Hello everyone, Time has come and im in need of a new " Primarly " Anti-Virus. But i would like a Anti-Malware, Anti-Ransomware, Firewall, And all of that aswell.

So, I would like a really good anti-virus, like.. the BEST. In terms of protection,
And i have seen there are some Suites with built in firewall and such?

But im not so good at this so i let you guys say your thoughts...

All of those things, or things that you say i need, i want the ones with the best protection, i may have missed something.. just ask me and i will answer to that.

( Using Windows 10 ) if it matters..

Thanks // Kevin.

N

Noxx

For a free solution, I always recommend COMODO. For some on-demand, portable scanners -- I recommend Malwarebytes and Zemana. If you're willing to shell out some money, there are other protective methods such as HitmanPro, Shadow Defender, and Sandboxie. That should get you started.

Zerion

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2016
Oh, im sorry to not include that, i want a paid one, since i want the BEST protection, But for Anti-Malware

* Malwarebytes "Pro"
* Zemana "Pro"

For Firewall? Anti-Ransomware? And / Or more?

Thanks for the Answer

N

Noxx

Paid doesn't necessarily mean better. COMODO stands tall with paid solutions. It literally covers just about everything, including firewall, antivirus, HIPS, sandbox, etc. However, if you insist on having a "paid" solution, KASPERSKY or NORTON are solid.

Reactions: safe1st and Zerion

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Free solutions can be good protection as well.

However I wouldn't recommend Comodo to novice users. Since things like HIPS and auto-sandbox might be deem annoying by them.
There are other free antvirus that can help like Avast.

However if OP really wants a paid solution. Then considering he stated "But im not so good at this so i let you guys say your thoughts... "
Then install a trial of Emsisoft. Especially Emsisoft Internet Security, it has a firewall, can protect against ransomware and also various forms of malware.

N

Noxx

Azure Phoenix makes solid points. And EMSISOFT is wonderful, for I use the Anti-Malware edition.

Reactions: Zerion

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I think this set works well : Zemana AntiMalware, Malwarebytes, Emsisoft Emergency Kit

About antivirus do not know how is the Kaspersky in Windows 10, I see many still complaining that having problems with it.
Bitdefeder is a good solution.
Emsisoft Internet Security think the problem only occurred to me to test it, I left my very slow machine, as had never been before ...
Well I use ESET think it very good protection, it use together with: Zemana AntiMalware, Malwarebytes, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, I think a good protection
It has other good, not not quoted here because these are the ones I've been using and testing lately
It is you test, if I were you would give a chance for Emsisoft Internet Security :)

S

Smith83

I will suggest what I suggest to everyone, this setup should block nearly everything. It has blocked EVERYTHING I have tested from the malware hub on a VM, including ransomeware.

Here is how I have set up a few machines for people I know. This is one of the lightest setups that you could have, also very effective at stopping a large amount of malware. Everything is free except Zemana which fairly cheap for what it does. If you were to get an infection with this setup, it's very likely you would have to had disabled something. I set this up for some family who were prone to infections a few months ago, they have not since contacted me to help them fix anything. Where they would usually call me once a month to help with something...

Zemana Premium Realtime protection main AV, with pandora activated.
Tiny Firewall -- Addition to built in firewall.
Ublock Origin - Fan boys Ultimate list added.
Ghostery - Set to block All trackers & cookies
Voodoo Shield - to help with unknowns.
Firefox main browser
Self destructing cookies Browser Add-on
Bluhell Firewall Browser Add-on
Privazer to clean up.
Ccleaner to manage startups and scheduled task.
Patch My PC To keep software up to date.
Destroy Windows Spying To keep your privacy in check.

Here are a few on-demand tools to run, to make sure you are clean as well...

Adware Cleaner
Adware Removal Tool
Junkware Removal Tool
Zhp Cleaner
9-Lab Removal Tool
Eset Online Scan

I hope that you can use this information to help you along the way. :)

Zerion

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2016
So alot of alternatives then.. I have heard alot of Kaspersky and bitfefender reading in this forum, what do you guys think of them?

D

Deleted member 2913

You dont know much about security, right?

I would suggest Norton Security, light & effective.

Reactions: CySecy825

Zerion

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2016
You dont know much about security, right?

I would suggest Norton Security, light & effective.

You are right, i don't know much about Internet Security, thats why im asking here, i have read some tests and them Bitdefender / Kaspersky is ranked high..

And ppl are saying different things here, i just want to get some good programs and be safe.

S

Smith83

thats why im asking here,

There are three things that make the setup I suggested effective.

Voodooshield
Ublockorigin
Zemana Antimalware Premium

That setup has been bullet proof against at least 1000 malware samples. Really Really light on the system as well, can not even tell they are installed as both Zemana & Voodoo shield are not active until a new file is executed.

Zerion

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2016
There are three things that make the setup I suggested effective.

Voodooshield
Ublockorigin
Zemana Antimalware Premium

That setup has been bullet proof against at least 1000 malware samples. Really Really light on the system as well, can not even tell they are installed as both Zemana & Voodoo shield are not active until a new file is executed.

Alright, thank you for your great and detailed replys!

To be correct tho, you did not include a antivirus?

Reactions: CySecy825
S

Smith83

To be correct tho, you did not include a antivirus?

There is no need for an antivirus with this setup, Voodoo shield and Zemana replace that and are really more effective than any antivirus when combined. Install Voodoo shield and try and download the ask toolbar....

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Hello there mate,

I'd recommend GData Internet Security if we talk about paid antivirus. Included email protection, anti exploit, keylogger protection, banking and online transactions protection, and web protection. Firewall included.

Add MalwareBytes Free Version and you're pretty much covered. If like, you may add Crystal Security to scan the executable files.

If you wanna go freeware, i'd say you go 360 Total Security + TinyWall Firewall (or ZoneAlarm Free Firewall) + Zemana AntiLogger Free. As an option, Crystal Security once again.

Zerion

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2016
There is no need for an antivirus with this setup, Voodoo shield and Zemana replace that and are really more effective than any antivirus when combined. Install Voodoo shield and try and download the ask toolbar....
Alright, i will try it out! You seem really experianced, thank you for your help!

I have never heard about that program :)

S

Smith83

Take into consideration the the other programs that I mentioned, it really is a solid setup. For now just try the Zemana Antimalware premium trial and free version Voodooshield also add the ublock origin to your machine. Un install your current antivirus and use your machine normally for a couple of days.

Reactions: Morvotron

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Alright, i will try it out! You seem really experianced, thank you for your help!

I have never heard about that program :)

Well, experience is made out of failures, i don't wanna get infected again lol. Plus, you really learn a lot in this community!

S

Smith83

Well, experience is made out of failures, i don't wanna get infected again lol. Plus, you really learn a lot in this community!

It would certainly be very hard to get infected with this setup, my brother lets his kids do whatever on the computer. They have yet to get a virus on this and they try and download everything.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.