Troubleshoot Need help to create a .bat file...

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Hey Guys,

I need help to create a .bat file & use with Windows task scheduler.

"C:\Program Files\Veeam\Endpoint Backup\Veeam.EndPoint.Manager.exe" /backup

I want to create a .bat file of the above & use with Windows task scheduler

Your help needed

Thank You

Reactions: DardiM

Thread author
Hey Guys,

I need help to create a .bat file & use with Windows task scheduler.

"C:\Program Files\Veeam\Endpoint Backup\Veeam.EndPoint.Manager.exe" /backup

I want to create a .bat file of the above & use with Windows task scheduler

Your help needed

Thank You

You want to:

1. Run Veeam on-demand with a .bat; or

2. Create a back-up scheduled task for Veeam ?

I think you want 2 - but you don't need a .bat file to create the task; just create the task manually in Task Scheduler.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
You want to:

1. Run Veeam on-demand with a .bat; or

2. Create a back-up scheduled task for Veeam ?

I think you want 2 - but you don't need a .bat file to create the task; just create the task manually in Task Scheduler.
Yes, 2...If I create the task manually in task scheduler, Veeam will do "Incremental Backup"?

As per Veeam guide, "C:\Program Files\Veeam\Endpoint Backup\Veeam.EndPoint.Manager.exe" /backup...this command is for "Incremental Backup".

Upvote 0

Thread author
Yes, 2...If I create the task manually in task scheduler, Veeam will do "Incremental Backup"?

As per Veeam guide, "C:\Program Files\Veeam\Endpoint Backup\Veeam.EndPoint.Manager.exe" /backup...this command is for "Incremental Backup".

Just use the Task Scheduler CreateTask ... wizard.

When you get to Action - Start a Program - C:\Program Files\Veeam\Endpoint Backup\Veeam.EndPoint.Manager.exe /backup (you might have to use the ")

Take a look at some Windows Tasks to get a better idea.

The wizard is fairly self-explanatory, but you will have to figure out a backup schedule.

I don't know anything about Veeam. I would think the soft would be capable of creating its own backup tasks and schedule - but since you are asking about how to do this - then evidently it must not.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Ok, I checked the command & incremental backup was created successfully

I created scheduled task & tried manual run & incremental backup was created successfully...a command window opened on starting the task manually...is it coz I started the task manually or I have to select "Hidden" for the task?

Upvote 0

Thread author
Ok, I checked the command & incremental backup was created successfully

I created scheduled task & tried manual run & incremental backup was created successfully...a command window opened on starting the task manually...is it coz I started the task manually or I have to select "Hidden" for the task?

Look over at Wilders. Froggy made a post. Create the .bat file, then schedule the .bat file.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Look over at Wilders. Froggy made a post. Create the .bat file, then schedule the .bat file.
Yeah, I am there too...

Task scheduler is working fine...
So what difference would .bat file with task scheduler make other than TRF mentioned at Wilders?
I mean either way incremental backup task will be the same & work, right?

Upvote 0

Thread author
Yeah, I am there too...

Task scheduler is working fine...
So what difference would .bat file with task scheduler make other than TRF mentioned at Wilders?
I mean either way incremental backup task will be the same & work, right?

You can configure the backup schedule.

It really comes down to this...

Scheduled Task > runs .bat > .bat runs backup and specifies schedule (instead of Task Scheduler)

See if what you have already done reliably works. Afterwards you can modify it.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
You can configure the backup schedule.

It really comes down to this...

Scheduled Task > runs .bat > .bat runs backup and specifies schedule (instead of Task Scheduler)

See if what you have already done reliably works. Afterwards you can modify it.
Its working fine, hourly sched just kicked in & completed successfully.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.