Need help! unable to delete oneetx.exe; Malwarebytes shows its a virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadnyarahul

Thread author
May 10, 2023
I think my PC has a virus because Malwarebytes keeps showing a notification below about it and when I go to that file path I just can't delete it. Your help will be really appreciated. Thanks
Screenshot_361.png

Just completed the scan with FRST so please check FRST and Addition txt files attached. Thanks

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    100.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Addition.txt
    98.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

This extension is a Browser Hijacker. Read about it.
If you decide to remove it please add the following lines to the Fixlist provided before running it.
Do not forget to safe the Fixlist if you decide to remove them.

CHR Extension: (Torrent Scanner) - C:\Users\tadny\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 1\Extensions\aegnopegbbhjeeiganiajffnalhlkkjb [2023-04-06]
CHR Extension: (Safe Torrent Scanner) - C:\Users\tadny\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 15\Extensions\aegnopegbbhjeeiganiajffnalhlkkjb [2022-12-17]
CHR Extension: (Torrent Scanner) - C:\Users\tadny\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 19\Extensions\aegnopegbbhjeeiganiajffnalhlkkjb [2023-03-28]
CHR Extension: (Safe Torrent Scanner) - C:\Users\tadny\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 21\Extensions\aegnopegbbhjeeiganiajffnalhlkkjb [2022-12-31]
CHR Extension: (Torrent Scanner) - C:\Users\tadny\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 24\Extensions\aegnopegbbhjeeiganiajffnalhlkkjb [2023-04-27]
CHR Extension: (Safe Torrent Scanner) - C:\Users\tadny\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 26\Extensions\aegnopegbbhjeeiganiajffnalhlkkjb [2022-06-28]
CHR Extension: (Torrent Scanner) - C:\Users\tadny\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 28\Extensions\aegnopegbbhjeeiganiajffnalhlkkjb [2023-03-03]
CHR Extension: (Safe Torrent Scanner) - C:\Users\tadny\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 30\Extensions\aegnopegbbhjeeiganiajffnalhlkkjb [2023-01-02]
CHR Extension: (Torrent Scanner) - C:\Users\tadny\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 32\Extensions\aegnopegbbhjeeiganiajffnalhlkkjb [2023-04-27]
CHR Extension: (Torrent Scanner) - C:\Users\tadny\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 4\Extensions\aegnopegbbhjeeiganiajffnalhlkkjb [2023-03-01]
CHR Extension: (Safe Torrent Scanner) - C:\Users\tadny\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 7\Extensions\aegnopegbbhjeeiganiajffnalhlkkjb [2022-12-17]
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [aegnopegbbhjeeiganiajffnalhlkkjb]
BRA Extension: (Torrent Scanner) - C:\Users\tadny\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Profile 1\Extensions\aegnopegbbhjeeiganiajffnalhlkkjb [2023-04-27]
BRA Extension: (Safe Torrent Scanner) - C:\Users\tadny\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Profile 2\Extensions\aegnopegbbhjeeiganiajffnalhlkkjb [2022-12-18]

<<<>>>

First Clean the Windows Defender Quarantine folder.

Comment: Delete the quarantined files.

How to: Deletee quarantined files.

Follow the directives on the page to delete all the files in the quarantine folder.

Now run the fix.

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Please post the Fixlog.txt and let me know what problem persists.

Attachments

• Fixlist.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 5

tadnyarahul

Thread author
May 10, 2023
Sorry for my late response but after posting here I was also trying to fix it so in task manager I found the process of "oneetx.exe" and ended it then I can able to successfully delete that file and since then I didn't get a notification from Malwarebytes about it. I was also having issues with Chrome for some time so I completely uninstalled Chrome and reinstall it back on the same day of posting a thread here and all issues with my Chrome are fixed after it. But just to make sure everything is actually good should I run the FRST scan now and show you? Thanks for your response
Update: I also run the Fixlist which you provided and attaching Fixlog with this reply so please check on it also. Thanks

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    22.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
  • Applause
Reactions: oldschool
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.