Status
Not open for further replies.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
1. You may reset your phone.
2. If that's not helping re-install the entire ROM.
3. Once you have fresh ROM, do not root it and use some Antivirus like Avast free or 360.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@kashefi : Technically what kind of infection you have? You may manually remove that infection on your Android Phone but for safety reason you need to turn reset factory settings or format.

That can be found on settings of Android

Reactions: LabZero
L

LabZero

As says @jamescv7 is important to know what has infected your device. If you don't have important data it's better to do a factory reset, however, if there are and the malware is a ransomware, the strategy changes. For example with CTB Locker, data are lost, while with Simplelocker you can try with Avast Ransomware Removal with some difficulty.

kashefi

Thread author
Jun 22, 2015
when ever I open any web browser I have ad choices and cloud scout pop ups or adds. I did factory reset it. It seems to work for a day or two and after that they all come back again they jump around specially when I search for how to remove cloud scout on Google I suddenly get bombarded with them. I scanned it using malware bytes and I avast . they detected nothing. now only on Firefox seems to be ok because I downloaded adblock plus. so I'm not sure what's happening

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
when ever I open any web browser I have ad choices and cloud scout pop ups or adds. I did factory reset it. It seems to work for a day or two and after that they all come back again they jump around specially when I search for how to remove cloud scout on Google I suddenly get bombarded with them. I scanned it using malware bytes and I avast . they detected nothing. now only on Firefox seems to be ok because I downloaded adblock plus. so I'm not sure what's happening

That's mostly nasty Ads by the websites.This is why people use Ad Blocker now a days. Few websites are over loaded with Ads.

I can see you already installed Adblock Plus. So you are good for now. Few other options you might try

1. Use UC Browser. It has integrated Ad Blocker.
2. If can set your DNS to open dns and block all Ad Domains.
3. You can install software like Block It and configure it do block Ads.

Reactions: frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@kashefi : So going to Google.com or other very common website will show you a pop ups already from the browsers you use? Because some websites which we visit so barely may redirect you from Play Store or scary tactic of your phone is infected. (Generally the program they try to download is legitimate though) so better yet stick on your plan with adblocker.

kashefi

Thread author
Jun 22, 2015
Not not Google.com but some of the website s that google.com after my search. How come until recently I never had cloud scout and ad choices any where and then I'm getting them ? Could it be because the other day I was trying to watch a documentary on my laptop and it asked me to download some flash and I did ? And I use my mobile internet for my laptop as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.