Solved Need help with Obrona, Priceless, InText, etc.

SwerveCityMX

Thread author
Jan 2, 2015
I came across your site while looking for a way to get rid of this Obrona/Priceless/whatever that has infected my PC. I have noticed that many people are having problems with Obrona and you have helped them. Great thing you do here. I haven't had to ask help for malware removal in years but my oldest daughter tried to download a painting software that was supposedly "free". If it helps I think the program may have been called SAI Paint Tools? I have attached the log directed by the forum instruction post. Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    29.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Addition.txt
    29.9 KB · Views: 65

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

SwerveCityMX

Thread author
Jan 2, 2015
Ok, I ran the fix twice I think on accident. I thought I had the fix file in the wrong place the first time. There is only one fixlog though. Sorry if I did anything wrong.

For the fix... I am still getting popups and I still see the InText, but it is *much* less frequent and my Internet is actually running at normal speeds for the first time in a while. It seems like the Unable to connect to proxy errors and the intrusive ads are gone for now though :)

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 114

SwerveCityMX

Thread author
Jan 2, 2015
Getting closer. InText seems gone now. Still getting popups but even less frequent and still getting ads but also very infrequently. I waited way too long to seek out help which might be why it is so deeply rooted in my system lol. Thank you for all the help you are giving me.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 69

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Glad I could help.

Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Run the tool by right click on the
    51a5ce45263de-delfix.png
    icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)
The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
About tool.

Download
51a5f31352b88-icon_MBAR.png
Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.
  • Double-click the icon to start the tool.
  • It will ask you where to extract it, then it will start.
  • Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.
  • Click in the introduction screen "next" to continue.
  • Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.
  • Once the update is complete select "Next" and click "Scan".
  • When the scan is finished and no malware has been found select "Exit".
  • If malware was detected, make sure to check all the items and click "Cleanup". Reboot your computer.
  • Open the MBAR folder and paste the content of the following files in your next reply:
    • "mbar-log-{date} (xx-xx-xx).txt"
    • "system-log.txt"

SwerveCityMX

Thread author
Jan 2, 2015
That scan said no malware found.

Attachments

• mbar-log-2015-01-03 (14-58-22).txt
    2 KB · Views: 42
  • system-log.txt
    36.5 KB · Views: 44

SwerveCityMX

Thread author
Jan 2, 2015
Same since the fixlist. Ads/popups/redirects are still there but a little less common. What is completely fixed is the slow web browsing and pages timing out of unable to connect to proxy messages.

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
print-icon-white.png

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    951 bytes · Views: 51
Last edited:

SwerveCityMX

Thread author
Jan 2, 2015
Now I can not connect to the Internet from Chrome or IE. I can connect with services such as Spotify though. I am writing from a different PC. I don't have a USB drive right now to upload the fixlist.

SwerveCityMX

Thread author
Jan 2, 2015
Actually I think I got it! I had to go into my Internet settings and uncheck the box that said to "use a Proxy" or something. As soon as I unchecked that box my internet is fine and I think I am finally malware free!!

SwerveCityMX

Thread author
Jan 2, 2015
I guess in the malware's last, dying breath it changed my Internet settings lol. I am completely good to go now though. I appreciate all your help! I get paid in a week or less and I will for sure be donating at at that time. You saved me hours of frustration and likely over $100. Much appreciated :)

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Very good.

Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Run the tool by right click on the
    51a5ce45263de-delfix.png
    icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)
The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Reactions: SwerveCityMX

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.