Need some real good councelling!

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi i'm PurshuPro . I have a bad time going for me. I'm now 23y . I had completed my 10th in 2008 after that i joined for +2 in Karnataka opting PCMB combination. I failed in my +2. I was depressed and my dad told me to join Diploma, I joined for DIP in EC engg. I completed my 3y course and finally i have 13 sub backlogs. I dont know what to do. Can any one help me out to settle in my future? I have a bad time since 6 years now.
The reason i posted here is because i believe there are many successful people here who are capable of counseling, so i just need some guidance of what doing next.

I may not be here to reply ur posts for 2 days, but definitely i will come back and response to ur suggestions.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Hi i'm PurshuPro . I have a bad time going for me. I'm now 23y . I had completed my 10th in 2008 after that i joined for +2 in Karnataka opting PCMB combination. I failed in my +2. I was depressed and my dad told me to join Diploma, I joined for DIP in EC engg. I completed my 3y course and finally i have 13 sub backlogs. I dont know what to do. Can any one help me out to settle in my future? I have a bad time since 6 years now.
The reason i posted here is because i believe there are many successful people here who are capable of counseling, so i just need some guidance of what doing next.

I may not be here to reply ur posts for 2 days, but definitely i will come back and response to ur suggestions.

First of all what in what direction would you want to go? How would your short term and med terms future look like? Because we all could give you some advise but it really does not hold any ground, as YOU need to make up your mind how far and where you want to take it.
Because future studies are going to be a lot harder then you are use to, and to avoid you are wasting your effort and time, you will have to make a game plan.
Also I would strongly advise you to talk to your "last" teacher and to key people from different studies in your line of work.
They can often advise you based upon your scores and history if a particular study would be possible for you in the first place.
There is nothing worse then learning a particular study and then find out years later that you actually do not need it and that you did screw yourself by learning the wrong studies.
So we can advise you but you first have to make up your own mind and talk to the right people, this is something we cannot do for you.
If you have a game plan then we are most happy to advise you.

Cheers

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
how will i be benefited with this?
If your situation is bad, then you should continue studying by taking admission to higher degree. Then try to score better. Try to get admission to good university.

During higher course use study materials from MIT. Books from springer publications are very helpful in developing good level of understanding in easy way.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Ved

Level 3
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
hi PurshuPro:

First I would like to advise you to finish your graduation with all hopes. As @n.nvt said too, that Regarding your career, only you can decide it which direction you have to go ahead.

In my opinion, there are a couple of directions you can set your mind to go in:

Why don't you start preparing for Bank Sector-PO exams? This you can do side-by-side with whatever you are doing in first place. Consider this as a browser add-on. :D
Almost all competitive exams have aptitude test, General awareness, and English grammar. So start preparing these topics and you will see good results.Not only with bank exams but this will make you comfortable with the requirements of other competitive exams as well.
You are 23 and you have much time left to be prepared for the bank sector.

And Do not forget your core field.
I see that you are doing your diploma in EC, so that opens a lot of opportunities for you. If you might have noticed that these days many public sectors (like DRDO, BSNL, and the likes) recruits more preferably diploma holders. You might have heard about this website: http://www.freshersworld.com/

GATE exam require Post-Diploma (final year or completed), so you can make it your goal to excel in GATE exam, and you will be in a whole new world after you get it. :)

Now a little overshare:

What are the responses of your family? . There is a friend of mine who got three backlogs in a semester during his B.Tech. His father said to him, “Unless you fall, how would you learn to get up”. And by the next sem., he was all clear.

(Hey, but don’t keep falling only :p)

Franklin D. Roosevelt said "When you get to the end of your rope,just tie a knot and hang on". So, PurshuPro just hang on. Time is factor that will just pass on and in the end you will emerge as a winner.

Last edited:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
What would be a good career option for me apart from higher studies?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
First of all what in what direction would you want to go? How would your short term and med terms future look like? Because we all could give you some advise but it really does not hold any ground, as YOU need to make up your mind how far and where you want to take it.
Because future studies are going to be a lot harder then you are use to, and to avoid you are wasting your effort and time, you will have to make a game plan.
Also I would strongly advise you to talk to your "last" teacher and to key people from different studies in your line of work.
They can often advise you based upon your scores and history if a particular study would be possible for you in the first place.
There is nothing worse then learning a particular study and then find out years later that you actually do not need it and that you did screw yourself by learning the wrong studies.
So we can advise you but you first have to make up your own mind and talk to the right people, this is something we cannot do for you.
If you have a game plan then we are most happy to advise you.

Cheers
thanks a lot @n.nvt , my reply may be late, but now i'm really in troublehttp://malwaretips.com/styles/MalwareTips/xenforo/clear.png. I am interested in system administration jobs like OS installation , networking, and other computer hardware upgrading/repairing stuffshttp://malwaretips.com/styles/MalwareTips/xenforo/clear.png. I see there are many courses like CCNA etc,.. offers hardware and networking course, but i'm worried that my Diploma in EC is enough for that? What if i'm not hired in future.?http://malwaretips.com/styles/MalwareTips/xenforo/clear.png

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
thanks a lot @n.nvt , my reply may be late, but now i'm really in troublehttp://malwaretips.com/styles/MalwareTips/xenforo/clear.png. I am interested in system administration jobs like OS installation , networking, and other computer hardware upgrading/repairing stuffshttp://malwaretips.com/styles/MalwareTips/xenforo/clear.png. I see there are many courses like CCNA etc,.. offers hardware and networking course, but i'm worried that my Diploma in EC is enough for that? What if i'm not hired in future.?http://malwaretips.com/styles/MalwareTips/xenforo/clear.png

Well i cannot say much about the qualifications you need, because this can be different per job.
In regards if you are going to be hired i cannot say much either because i am not aware of your local situation, however the Diploma's that you will get and the certificates keep their value. I assume that if the situation in your nation is the same as here in the EU (Netherlands) then i got plenty of reasons to be confident that you will be hired, because there is a screaming demand for skilled ICT workers in various specializations and companies often hire "fresh" guys with a "fresh" diploma and then reeducate them within the company itself.
So i personally would not worry much about your "papers" but you should look around and put your name out there.
When i was a "fresh" guy i did contact every computer company of my interest in a 50 mile radius and offered my service's under the pretext that i was going to finish my education soon.
So the companies knew when i was "available" and most tried to hire me literally the day after i got my diploma's and offered me a junior contract where they re-educated me according to their standards.
My point is you need the basic's as the specialization you are going to learn while working.
That said the only real advise i can give you is that you start talking with the companies around you and see what your options are.
But you also have to talk to your teachers to see what is within your reach and in what time frame.
Thing is you summarized a whole list of things you would like to do, and in time you will but first you have to select a 1 or 2 things and focus on that (As the rest you are going to learn while working and upgrading your skills) if you aim for to many then you become to versatile for a company to re-educate you.
So really pick one or two things and go for it.

Cheers

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I will be 23 this month 24. Am i too old to start a degree course. Should i find a job or study further?
Waiting for advices

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I will be 23 this month 24. Am i too old to start a degree course. Should i find a job or study further? .
I don't know whether you should study more or find a job now, but if being old is what troubles you, then let me say NO you should not be stopped by that. I have taught language for quite some time, and this gave me some insight into who are the ones who can learn the best: it's not the most intelligent, and it's not the youngest -- of course age and intelligence (especially the latter) are important -- but the most important thing is determination, and it's the ones who are determined that learn and accomplish things. Don't give up, buddy! Moral and technical support you will have, now the rest is with you! Good luck!

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I don't know whether you should study more or find a job now, but if being old is what troubles you, then let me say NO you should not be stopped by that. I have taught language for quite some time, and this gave me some insight into who are the ones who can learn the best: it's not the most intelligent, and it's not the youngest -- of course age and intelligence (especially the latter) are important -- but the most important thing is determination, and it's the ones who are determined that learn and accomplish things. Don't give up, buddy! Moral and technical support you will have, now the rest is with you! Good luck!
so what do u mean? should i have a degree?

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
I will be 23 this month 24. Am i too old to start a degree course. Should i find a job or study further? .
Too old to start a degree !!! There is no age for studying... I completed my bachelors in my age 21.. worked for 5 years.. then went to do Masters in age 25-26.. I graduated in age 29..
Its how you see it.. Age is not a factor for studying.. My professor in college started his PhD in his late 30's...

So did you complete your +2 before joining diploma ? You are only in your 3rd year... I guess you have grace period of 5-6 years to complete all the backlog... My sincere advice is don't ever discontinue the course.. you have finished 3 yrs.. just hang on and complete all the backlogs... little by little.. each semester clear atleast 3-4... A college degree is worth all the pain you take now.. So if hardware training is your interest, there are lot of courses for that.. Its also good to study computer programming.. They are everywhere and opportunities are abundant... These are few sites which I recommend.. codeacademy.com, code.org...

Last edited:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Too old to start a degree !!! There is no age for studying... I completed my bachelors in my age 21.. worked for 5 years.. then went to do Masters in age 25-26.. I graduated in age 29..
Its how you see it.. Age is not a factor for studying.. My professor in college started his PhD in his late 30's...

So did you complete your +2 before joining diploma ? You are only in your 3rd year... I guess you have grace period of 5-6 years to complete all the backlog... My sincere advice is don't ever discontinue the course.. you have finished 3 yrs.. just hang on and complete all the backlogs... little by little.. each semester clear atleast 3-4... A college degree is worth all the pain you take now.. So if hardware training is your interest, there are lot of courses for that.. Its also good to study computer programming.. They are everywhere and opportunities are abundant... These are few sites which I recommend.. codeacademy.com, code.org...
thanks a lot my friend. Its been one year since i finished my diploma, now my exam is going on, i dont have a break for even 1 hr. Tomorrow i have ARM Microcontroller and Microprocessor exam( Thats right 2 exams in one day). I know i can clear only one paper in this. By this sem i will try to clear at least 5 subjects. U have mentioned coding right , so will i just get a job after completing it? will i get any certificate for that. I am interested in coding also.

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Good luck for your exams.. You won't get any certificates from those sites. They are just for self study..
Don't be in a mindset that you can clear only one.. From the names of those subjects, I can say that they are related. And the concepts you study in one subject applies to another.. so try to do your best..

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Good luck for your exams.. You won't get any certificates from those sites. They are just for self study..
Don't be in a mindset that you can clear only one.. From the names of those subjects, I can say that they are related. And the concepts you study in one subject applies to another.. so try to do your best..
thank u.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi guys i'm back with my mind upset again. Can i do Bachelor of science in Information technology? Will it be similar to my diploma EC .?

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Hi guys i'm back with my mind upset again. Can i do Bachelor of science in Information technology? Will it be similar to my diploma EC .?
My sincere opinion is NO. You have to finish what you started.
Information tech and Electronics are totally different. Its going to be totally new if you switch to IT. Maybe one or two coursework will remain same, otherwise they are different.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
My sincere opinion is NO. You have to finish what you started.
Information tech and Electronics are totally different. Its going to be totally new if you switch to IT. Maybe one or two coursework will remain same, otherwise they are different.
thanks, then what about Bsc In Computer science ? Or BCA (Bachelor in computer applications) ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.