Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Laptop: Hitman Pro Alert with Hitman Pro, Windows Defender & Comodo Firewall (CruelSister Settings)

MiniPC: Windows Defender & Comodo Firewall (CruelSister Settings)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana Antimalware, Malwarebytes Free, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, AdwCleaner.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Vivaldi with Decentraleyes, HTTPS Everywhere, IDN Safe, Webutation, Nano Adblocker + Nano Defender.
Maintenance tools
Speedyfox, Windows Disk Cleaner, HD Sentinel Pro Portable., SUMO updater,
Unchecky, Process Lasso, Process Hacker, USB Safely Remove, Listary, Revo Uninstaller Pro,
File and Photo backup
Dropbox, OneDive, Bvckup (Important data sync to 2 External HDD,)
System recovery
MiniPC: RollbackRX Home
Computer specs
Laptop: 13" Macbook Pro (early 2015), MiniPC: Azulle Access Plus

nefty1029

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 13, 2018
After updating my Windows 10 system to the Fall Creator's Update, I'm planning to streamline my current security configuration. After looking at my current config, I'm planning to remove WinPrivacy, WinPatrol and WinPatrol WAR, due to a large amount of Real-Time monitoring softwares.

I'm also looking for suggestions on integrating the following softwares:
1. Comodo Firewall (Cruelsister's Setting)
2. AppCheck
3. NVT OSArmor

I'm more focused on securing my data over restoring my system, hence my daily data backup and my (very rarely) windows image backup. I'm more fond of resetting my PC, since I prefer starting my PC in a clean slate.

I'm open to any advice or recommendations.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
I'd replace Bvckup 2 and Windows 10 backup with Macrium Reflect and Rollback Rx Home (both are freeware)

Comodo Firewall is good, I'd go with that.

You're probably going overkill with all these programs. You can probably reduce down to: HitmanPro Alert, Malwarebytes, and Windows Defender.

nefty1029

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 13, 2018
I'd replace Bvckup 2 and Windows 10 backup with Macrium Reflect and Rollback Rx Home (both are freeware)

Comodo Firewall is good, I'd go with that.

You're probably going overkill with all these programs. You can probably reduce down to: HitmanPro Alert, Malwarebytes, and Windows Defender.

For Rollback Rx Home, will it work well in a Boot Camp Partition? I'm currently using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015).
I will probably use the Rollback RX Home for my desktop and Mini Workstation computer.

Reactions: Syafiq

nefty1029

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 13, 2018
Comodo would be able to replace all of them, and I would seriously throw most of them out, maybe not HMPA, but it has compatibility issues.

I'm actually using Comodo Cruelsister's settings for my mini pc workstation. It actually works well.
What security setup would you recommend for HMPA? I renewed the program last December 2017.
For on-demand antimalware, will I benefit from using Zemana Antimalware or should I stick with Hitman Pro?

Reactions: Syafiq

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I'm actually using Comodo Cruelsister's settings for my mini pc workstation. It actually works well.
What security setup would you recommend for HMPA? I renewed the program last December 2017.
For on-demand antimalware, will I benefit from using Zemana Antimalware or should I stick with Hitman Pro?
Zemana has more engines but Hitman Pro has better engines, like Kaspersky, Bitdefender, their own, honestly I would just have them both on demand.
for HMPA, Comodo should work just fine, but make sure to exclude from each other.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
For Rollback Rx Home, will it work well in a Boot Camp Partition? I'm currently using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015).
I will probably use the Rollback RX Home for my desktop and Mini Workstation computer.

Not entirely sure. Horizon DataSys has forums. Someone on there may know more. May be worth trying. At the worst it won't install at all.

nefty1029

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 13, 2018
Hey, it's been awhile since I posted here. I have been busy with other things.
I've recently reformatted my bootcamp partion, since I just clean installed the recent High Sierra in my Macbook Pro.

I've taken some of the suggestions in this thread for my MiniPC. Installing RollbackRX in the MiniPc has helped me greatly, rolling back from bad driver installations to problematic updates.

For my Win10 Bootcamp partition, I slimmed down my security setup, base on the suggestions on this thread. I find my computer to be much lighter and less resource intensive compared to the previous setup. In fact, the current setup is seamless and not as intrusive as before (Answering the countless popups from WinPatrol and its related products is very tiring.)

Thanks to everyone who posted here.

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

nefty1029

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 13, 2018
I'm also planning to update my Desktop Computer's Security Configuration.
Would Malwarebytes Pro work well with Comodo Firewall (Cruelsister Settings)?

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
With Comodo FW + CS settings, You don't need MWBPro, but You may try if that combo works well for You :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.