Nemes1s Security Config

Nemes1s

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 27, 2016
Here is my latest config on a boot-camped Win 10 setup. On the Mac side, I have Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1 installed with all the latest security/app updates and MBAM Free with regular backups made weekly (with Safari--Wipr extension--as the only browser there). Let me know what else I can improve on both sides. Thanks.

Last edited:

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
How is emsisoft internet security performing on your system? Having any problems? I myself have had several freezing issues and multiple problems with automatic startup of my wireless adapter.

Nemes1s

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 27, 2016
How is emsisoft internet security performing on your system? Having any problems? I myself have had several freezing issues and multiple problems with automatic startup of my wireless adapter.

It's working pretty well on my system. In fact, I can use the Win side for gaming and steno work without EIS getting in the way. I guess YMMV depending on your specifications and prefs. Did you already try using Comodo FW on full virtualized mode with desktop Adguard and Win Defender/Win FW disabled? I liked that config as well for general use, but my steno software didn't work with it, unfortunately.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Since the latest program update the problem with login and wireless adapter are solved. :) Nice to see that emsisoft are on the ball when it comes to fixing errors / bugs reported by their users. I am using emsi internet security btw , deïnstalled mbae , voodooshield and zemana anti logger , because it felt like overkill.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Since the latest program update the problem with login and wireless adapter are solved. :) Nice to see that emsisoft are on the ball when it comes to fixing errors / bugs reported by their users. I am using emsi internet security btw , deïnstalled mbae , voodooshield and zemana anti logger , because it felt like overkill.
u can atleast keep voodooshield. thats a killa combo. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.