Score.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 491

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Very solid config. How do you find Comodo Internet Security Pro?

Neno

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
McLovin said:
Very solid config. How do you find Comodo Internet Security Pro?

I found COMODO IS Pro (link) on this very site for 4E ($) and i am very satisfied with it. Uninstalled BitDefender IS 2012 and replaced it with COMODO.

Thank you for the best price i ever encountered for IS Suite :).

I

illumination

Looks solid! Do you have any browser plugins? I would also consider adding Malwarebytes to your list of on demand scanners, it's new Chameleon technology allows Malwarebytes to run even when blocked by infection.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Pretty Solid Configuration! :)
+1

You may wish to add Something Like Malwarebytes Antimalware as an on-demand scanner: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Neno

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Thank you for you reply's! As soon as i notice or i have any doubt of antimalware attack i will add malwarebytes protection as another layer :).

Neno

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Updated my internet security suite from Comodo IS Pro to Bitdefender IS 2012. After extensive tests COMODO failed to protect the system against more than 30% of zero-day malware.

Neno

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
And back to COMODO again. Manual settings ... fascinating system control!

Neno

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Went back to my all time favorite IS suite VIPRE Internet Security (once known as Vipre Premium and Kerio Firewall). I used VIPRE for 2 years than all of a sudden i got some serious system problems with it. Today i analyzed everything and found that the problem was Java RTM. When i uninstalled Java all problems disappeared. I got VIPRE IS for another 2 years - my all time favorite.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Did you made any tweaks on VIPRE IS or are you using the default settings?
Do you have MBAM installed as an on-demand scanner or ?
Any browser add-ons ?

One strong recommendation would be to add Sandboxie to your configuration.

Virtualization:
Sandboxie (Free/Paid) - link
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.

Last edited:

Neno

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
True for Sandboxie. The one thing i came to rely upon in COMODO IS is its sandbox. Soon i will install this small app to add that layer of protection.
I made some changes to VIPRE's default settings but nothing huge. (checked everything in its manually scan part and enabled IDS part of the firewall).
VIPRE (Kerio) firewall has very good web filter.

As for the browser plugins i use lastpass and WOT, nothing else.

Neno

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Changed VIPRE IS (got more system problems with it) with Emsisoft Internet Security Pack ... just wow for Emsisoft!

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Are you using default settings with Emsisoft Anti-Malware / Online Armor or have you modified any?

Neno

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
In Anti-Malware i just added some host rules.
As for the Firewall i checked hidden processes detection and runsafer for unknown programs by default and set it to advanced mode. I might check file and registry shield too.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.