Netflix Premiers

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
2019 been a great year, especially now at it's end if your one of all those streaming site users. The legit ones.

I posted about Disney+ and it's release not long ago and more services are already popping up with more movies and series then one almost can handle or have the time to view. Now this thread is though not mainly about them but, about Netflix itself. The amount of movies and series and what's available is not the same in all countries because of licenses. More information here.

Tomorrow Friday the 20th an exclusive Netflix serie will start. Hopefully a good one but, what's good for one could be terrible for another. The Witcher starring for example Henry Cavill, most known as Superman and seems to be 9 episodes in the first season. I'll get back with more personal views as soon I seen it.

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Into episode 5 right now and will more then likely not stop until I watched it all. This is gonna be a long night. Woot woot! :geek:🌭🍕🍺🍷🍿☕

Btw it's not 9 episodes. It's 8.
Great :D I just watched the first episode now, I was thinking about watching 1 episode per day but now I might have to change my plan 😂 Don't give any spoiler btw.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
When I reached episode 7 during the night I had to sleep as my head and eyes was nodding. Did complete it yesterday morning and I'm craving season 2 almost too much. I definitely enjoyed it much more then for example Games of Thrones. That serie I always had issues with as it many times derailed and made me serious confused with it's story line, when it had one. The ending was IMO horrible bad.

The Witcher, I knew from the start what to expect and it for sure didn't jump off the story line or the so called red line. Not so far anyway. I never read the books by Andrzej Sapkowski and also never played the game so didn't at first know what it was about until I saw the trailers. Made me recall I seen the game somewhere.

I understand and agree with 16+ age rate. It's not for the younger audience considering some pretty raw scenes. Will be interesting to hear what you other guys, or girls think of it in general as I also agree with @SeriousHoax about try not to spoil it. :p:giggle::coffee:
6B1BkXsF_o.jpg
6B1BkXsF_o.jpg
6B1BkXsF_o.jpg
6B1BkXsF_o.jpg
The eight-episode second season will begin production in London early in 2020, for a planned debut in 2021. The eight-episode first season will launch on Netflix on Dec. 20.
2021!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I'm really enjoying it...@upnorth,if you have not played this then do yourself a favour and do so...One of the best games ever released (y) :) 🎄

• Thanks
Reactions: Nevi and upnorth
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

just finished to watch the Witcher season 1 and :

1- this shouldn't be called "the Witcher" but "the Talker" LOL. Too much useless blalabla and emphasize on 2nd class characters. If it was a 15+ episodes season, it would be ok, but 8 episodes, those blablas are too much. Supernatural still better :p
2- i didn't like the way they mix past and present, too confusing. they could have changed the picture color or pust a date stamp.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015

1- this shouldn't be called "the Witcher" but "the Talker" LOL. Too much useless blalabla and emphasize on 2nd class characters. If it was a 15+ episodes season, it would be ok, but 8 episodes, those blablas are too much. Supernatural still better :p
2- i didn't like the way they mix past and present, too confusing. they could have changed the picture color or pust a date stamp.

About point 2 it actually happens in the books as well. You slowly start to see the connections and learn when something is happening in the past. The fact someone is talking about a character's father in the throne when you know that character was a dead queen already, for instance :)

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

About point 2 it actually happens in the books as well. You slowly start to see the connections and learn when something is happening in the past. The fact someone is talking about a character's father in the throne when you know that character was a dead queen already, for instance :)
yes i figured it out but the first time it happened i thought "damn! i watched the last episode first" LOL

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
yes i figured it out but the first time it happened i thought "damn! i watched the last episode first" LOL

Just wait... if they keep following the books there will be episodes that do not seem to be connected to anything or make any sense until they're close to the end of the story... That's an advantage for the Witcher actually. The story is over in the books. :)

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

1. I don't think there was too much blalabla in fact there should've been more for a better understanding of the story but since Netflix follows a 8 episodes model they had to up the pace in last few episodes. Even The Witcher game has a lot of dialogues, side stories for which the game is popular. The gameplay is pretty generic so telling stories of some characters was important for the show. Many gamers didn't play the game because they wanted less dialogue and more actions. I would take storytelling over actions any day.
2. That's what is called nonlinear story telling. It's quite common nowadays and I think Quentin Tarantino made it popular with his first film Reservoir Dogs then did the same with Pulp Fiction. David Fincher, Christopher Nolan, Alejandro Inarritu, etc many directors have done it with their films. The show Westworld would be quite boring if it was done in a linear fashion so I when done right, I actually like this method. You wonder about the timeline throughout the show and then everything makes sense in the last episode. It gives you a different kind of satisfaction.

Anyway, it's obvious that those who played the games, read the books would understand the show better but from a neutral point of view the thing I can criticize about is the pacing which was rushed at the end and I hope they would do a better job with the second season.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Time for another update on Netflix.

This time it's not any brand fresh serie or movie, but instead a purchase of the Studio Ghibli and it's animated Japanese movies. Not too many, 21 counted. Example : Oscar-winning Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro, and Howl's Moving Castle. Spirited Away even I seen several times and can highly recommend. This will be available starting next month.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I wonder if they will follow the story from the books or write something new... Some interesting things to happen if they follow the books.
I haven't read the books and maybe will. Finished season two today and must be frank as some episodes was a bit of a pain as I felt too much repeating of the same environments of corridors, tunnels etc, but I managed and the end was actually good. I strongly suggest for new viewers to start with season one as otherwise I suspect the story will be confusing.

The character Poe played by actor Chris Conner became a personal favourite.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.