NetHack

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
I've been playing the variant, SLASH'EM, and I'm really getting into it at the moment.
I'm a Vampire Barbarian, currently at Level 2.
Anyone else play this?
If you do, then:
  • What race are you?
  • What class are you?
  • What level are you?
  • Why did you pick this combination of race and class?
I'm a vampire because they seem awesome. They can fly, they don't have to breathe and they can absorb damage and nutrition from their standard attack.
I'm a barbarian because barbarians are strong melee fighters and I'll need to be physically oriented to be able to keep my nutrition up.
If you haven't got this, then you should go and get it. I'd recommend that you get SLASH'EM since it's basically NetHack with more features. I'm using Vulture as the interface because I find the standard interface's archaic graphics to be rather unsettling in such an advanced game.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I tried NetHack many years ago. I could never seem to last more than 5 minutes, so I gave up. :(

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
HeffeD said:
I tried NetHack many years ago. I could never seem to last more than 5 minutes, so I gave up. :(
It seems to depend a lot on luck.
I've never had any trouble with the first few floors, but a lot of people seem to die at that point.
SLASH'EM is supposed to be harder than NetHack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.