Network issues after running Malwarebytes

Leeli083

Thread author
Sep 26, 2015
My sister-in-law's laptop was agonizingly slow and full of pop ups and redirects. Every so often she would ask me to see what I could do, and I would go in and delete the obvious stuff. Last month I ran into 2 programs that would not let me delete them and the computer would not let me download malwarebytes. The next time I went to see her I put a few programs I thought might help on a flash drive. I can't remember now what order I did things in but I installed AVG Antivirus, Malwarebytes, and Secunia PSI. Malwarebytes reportedly removed over
4,000 objects, her computer was a mess. Then the internet wouldn't work. Can access network in safe mode, but it won't stream Netflix. The only thing she cares about are Facebook and Netflix and she likes it to play through her tv, which it won't while it's in safe mode. My laptop is currently broken, so my biggest challenge has been figuring out things to try then going to her place to try them. Then only internet access I have while I'm there is my iPhone and whatever I can get to when the laptop is in safe mode. I only go to her place like once a week so it is taking forever and I would love to move past all my guesswork and get the thing working again. I will try to run the scans mentioned above tonight and post the logs tonight or tomorrow.

Leeli083

Thread author
Sep 26, 2015
Ok, I get to her house and she tells me it working now. She said it popped up something about an update and she just did what it said and it restarted and now it's working fine, she hasn't even seen a popup. After she gets done watching this show I'm going to run those scans anyway and post them. I've been fiddling with this machine for so long I refuse to believe it just magically fixed itself.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.