Advanced Plus Security Nevis new computer for 2024

Last updated
May 1, 2024
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
ESET Internet security
Standard account.
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
Standard account.
Periodic malware scanners
Hitman Pro.
KVRT
On demand scanners.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
None.
Browsers and extensions
Extensions
Brave with G Mail checker,
uBlock Origin
YouTube auto HD/4K
ESET Browser privacy and security
Secure DNS
Cloudflare.com
Desktop VPN
Express VPN
Password and passkey manager
Lastpass.
File and photo backups
One Drive, Google drive.
Subscriptions
    • Apple One Individual
    • Google AI Pro (formerly Google One AI Premium)
System recovery
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Working from home
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
Computer specs
Intel Core i9 12900KF (12. Gen) CPU
Fønix Silent gamer Computer
MSI GeForce GTX 1650 D6 VENTUS XS OCV3 G
Samsung 990 PRO Heatsink - 2TB SSD NVMe
FG 240 Watercooler - processors liquid
Gigabyte H610M H 1.1 - DDR5 - Micro AT
Windows 11 Pro - OEM Licens 1 PC (Multi Language)
16GB DDR5 RAM 5600
FG 750 Power supply 750W - 80 Plus
Endorfy Ventum 200 Solid - ATX Kabinet
Feedback preference

Only essential issues, please

That looks like a nice lean mean machine. Although I would like to address the little elephant in your "risk factors" section. The whole "going to shady sites business's" while using the same system to bank online or shop. I wouldn't trust my security to cover this entirely, matter of fact I would advise using your old system for shady website viewing separately from the system your doing your banking with. Of course there is the gaming factor too, I'm sure you are aware of the risks there "personally I would buy a console". Eliminating your unnecessary risk factors will make securing yourself much easier.
 
That looks like a nice lean mean machine. Although I would like to address the little elephant in your "risk factors" section. The whole "going to shady sites business's" while using the same system to bank online or shop. I wouldn't trust my security to cover this entirely, matter of fact I would advise using your old system for shady website viewing separately from the system your doing your banking with. Of course there is the gaming factor too, I'm sure you are aware of the risks there "personally I would buy a console". Eliminating your unnecessary risk factors will make securing yourself much easier.
I understand the danger, but it's not much I visit shady places. I just trust my system, and my own ability to spot danger. Mostly I keep myself within known territorie. You Tube, Quora, Malware forums etc. I'm not a big risk taker. Thanks for mention it.
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top