New 2012 PS3 Slim Model is Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom172

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 11, 2011
Here’s an interesting bit of news for you: Sony may be planning to unleash a brand new PS3 model. Images of the redesigned console were first revealed in an apparent Sony filing with Brazilian telecommunications regulator Anatel and were quickly picked up by Technoblog. Now the images are spreading across the internet like wildfire, and we have to say that they have us pretty intrigued.

PS3-model-anatel-5-580x429.jpg

ps3new713.jpg

ps3new713.jpg

Read More

Also found this render on PS forums:

GJmWR.jpg

Not a huge fan of this design. What are other people thoughts?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: New PS3 Slim Model on the way?

Excellent. Interesting share, looking forward to hearing more about this.

As far as I can see, this looks legit and could have a lower price tag.

PS3 was never really expensive.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

The current PS3 and Xbox 360 has a shelf life of around 7 years, I'd assume so.

The 2009 Slim is already what I would consider Slim, I like the slot-in drive which they're taking away from the looks of it. :(

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Looks like a very slim laptop that can't open. Not going to buy it anytime soon. Still have my old PS2 :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

3link9 said:
Hey Earth, are you rich?

Does 599 US dollars ring a bell?

He's been a long time PlayStation fan. When the PS3 was coming out he jumped for joy :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

A smaller feature set, which includes a base model with 16GB of flash memory, will come in at a thrifty $150. This price reduction could be just the catalyst that Sony needs to come breezing by the competition in the final leg of the console sales race this generation. Numerous games industry analysts have begun to chime in on the possibilities that a lower priced Sony PS3 Super Slim SKU could bring about.
At this time, Sony has not confirmed that this lower priced, lower specced, Super Slim PS3 even exists.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/playstation-3/ps3-super-slim-model-game-changer/

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

The problem with next-gen consoles, is that the current gen of consoles still work and work well.

No one has 4K TV screens, and how much better will be the next-gen consoles. PS3 and Xbox 360 have a long shelf-life, imo.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Rumor: New PS3 Model coming end of September >> Link

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
New "Slimmer" PS3 Slim is Official >> LINK

It's smaller and packing more gigabytes, but it's the same price.

Sony's never been that great about keeping redesigned video game hardware a secret, so it's no surprise that the much rumored PlayStation 3 model debuted this evening at Tokyo Game Show.

80013750550be12360f1bjpg-44154e_800w-610x270.jpg

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Problem? I'm posting news about the new Official model, after rumors/speculation and keeping the thread updated.

I still think the 2009 Slim has a better design (ie. slot drive and materials). But the Original design was best, I still got my 60GB (fully-functional), Black and reflective-chrome finish.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
Problem? I'm posting news about the new Official model, after rumors/speculation and keeping the thread updated.

I still think the 2009 Slim has a better design (ie. slot drive and materials). But the Original design was best, I still got my 60GB (fully-functional), Black and reflective-chrome finish.

Not a problem at all. Was thinking of getting one. Can you use a PS3 as a DVD player?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can use a PS3 for all sorts: CD, DVD, Blu-ray, movies copied to the HDD, stream movies to PS3 using Netflix or LoveFilm, catch-up TV (or your region equivalent).

Like the 360, it's more than a Game consoles. It's a home media entertainment system.

But where have you been? Don't you keep up with Technology news... PS3 is 5 years old.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
But where have you been? Don't you keep up with Technology news... PS3 is 5 years old.

Not when it comes to consoles, PC's yes but by the sounds of it would something to look into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.