New Update NEW Avast Version 22.3 (March 2022)

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

NEW Avast Version 22.3 (March 2022)

Hi, all. Please welcome the newest version of Avast AV: 22.3 (22.3.6008)
Major public announcement:
  • [Premium]Improved Silent Mode You now have the option to show details about detection dialogs while Silent Mode is on. Silent mode can turn off all pop-ups, alerts, and messages, but this time, you can allow detection dialogs to inform you of any vulnerabilities.
  • New Support page Get all the help you need in one place. You now have easier access to all the FAQs, How-to guides, and more.
Other notable improvements in the release:
  • Do Not Disturb had some issues with smart scan, we fixed them
  • Shredder issues were fixed
  • Other important issues and bugs squashed
As usual a big thanks goes to the team for yet another successful release!
How to install:
1. Update from your existing Avast version via Settings -> Update -> Update program
2. Or you can download and install files:
Online installers (recommended):
Offline installers:

(In case the hyperlink here wouldn't work in your browser, just paste and copy the URL to the browser address bar)

With best Regards
Mops21

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Can I check whether the Avast Premium Security is for trial, free for 1 yr or what? Does it allow for update to new versions?

Thanks

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I just installed the latest Avast Premium Security from the above link (trial for 30 days)

Apparently, it has an issue with MS Edge when I open it

IMG-20220408-203030.jpg

I need to click a few times before Edge will open

Any help?

F

ForgottenSeer 77194

I just installed the latest Avast Premium Security from the above link (trial for 30 days)

Apparently, it has an issue with MS Edge when I open it

IMG-20220408-203030.jpg

I need to click a few times before Edge will open

Any help?
Do you have Code Integrity Guard enabled for edge? It's possible that it blocks this dll.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

Last night when I ran a Full Virus Scan I got the below

1649465968335.png

Thinking that the Winstall.dll was corrupted I ran

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and

sfc /scannow

Both showed no errors.

I re-ran a Full Virus Scan just now and the above screen pops up again. So should I quarantine it or skip it? Why Avast is flagging it as a malware when it's a Windows file?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Hi

View attachment 265667

sfc /scannow

Both showed no errors.

So I re-ran a Full Virus Scan just now and the above screen pops up again. So should I quarantine it or skip it? Why Avast is flagging it as a malware when it's a Windows file?

Thanks
Have you reported this on the official forum?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Have you reported this on the official forum?
Nope. I even scan using EEK but no such malware showed up

To report at Avast official forum means I'll need to join the forum...................I don't think of wanting to join another forum

Last edited:

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
Hi

View attachment 265667

sfc /scannow

Both showed no errors.

I re-ran a Full Virus Scan just now and the above screen pops up again. So should I quarantine it or skip it? Why Avast is flagging it as a malware when it's a Windows file?

Thanks
Submit the detected file to False Positive File Form, and they will reply with a final verdict.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
As a follow-up on my #6 post AVAST did reply and confirmed that as a false positive. Just great.

Now running Ungoogled Chromium with Bitdefender TrafficLight extension and I got the below

What bitdefender.net connection? I did a scan and nothing was found.............another false positive?
1649732232955.jpeg

1649733152373.png

Just submitted the chrome.exe file to AVAST again for verification.

Took off TrafficLight extension and replace with Emsisoft Browser Security extension and everything's fine. No message pop up

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DJ Panda

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
As a follow-up on my #6 post AVAST did reply and confirmed that as a false positive. Just great.

Now running Ungoogled Chromium with Bitdefender TrafficLight extension and I got the below

What bitdefender.net connection? I did a scan and nothing was found.............another false positive?

View attachment 265791

View attachment 265792

Just submitted the chrome.exe file to AVAST again for verification.

Took off TrafficLight extension and replace with Emsisoft Browser Security extension and everything's fine. No message pop up
No need to submit chrome.exe to Avast.

In this case, you should submit the detected URL, hxxp://elb-lon-gcp[.nimbus[.bitdefender[.net/, to Avast for analysis. I have done so, because it seems like a false positive.:)

Reactions: HarborFront

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
No need to submit chrome.exe to Avast.

In this case, you should submit the detected URL, hxxp://elb-lon-gcp[.nimbus[.bitdefender[.net/, to Avast for analysis. I have done so, because it seems like a false positive.:)
Yup I mentioned that in the submission as well

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
Avast scareware tactics intensified a lot recently on the free antivirus ? I've been getting about 2 or 3 popups every day saying that my location is exposed, etc. It wasn't like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Avast scareware tactics intensified a lot recentlyon the free antivirus ? I've been getting about 2 or 3 popups every day saying that my location is exposed, etc. It wasn't like this.
Have you disabled these things from settings?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.