New Update NEW Avast Version 22.4 (April 2022)

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

NEW Avast Version 22.4 (April 2022)

NEW Avast Version 22.4 (April 2022)
Hi, all. Please welcome the newest version of Avast AV: 22.4 (22.4.6011)
Major public announcement:
  • Improved Sensitive Data Shield You now get detailed results if Sensitive Data Shield has found anything suspicious in your files.
  • Manage your apps with ease You now have easier access to Blocked & Allowed apps settings for each shield feature. That way, if a suspicious app attempts to access your protected folders, webcam, or passwords, you'll get a notification and you can easily add this app to your list of blocked or allowed apps.
Other notable improvements in the release:
  • Data Shredder now works properly after Premium update
  • Firewall blocking rule in the UI fixed
  • Other important issues and bugs squashed
As usual a big thanks goes to the team for yet another successful release!
How to install:
1. Update from your existing Avast version via Settings -> Update -> Update program
2. Or you can download and install files:
Online installers (recommended):
Offline installers:

(In case the hyperlink here wouldn't work in your browser, just paste and copy the URL to the browser address bar)

With best Regards
Mops21

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
How are you liking it? Protection wise, resource wise etc?
So far so better. No idea about protection as I don't do malware testing. As long as it's better than the default Windows Defender AV then it should be better

At least better than ESET IS tested recently. I can see it slows down my laptop and throws up a lot of warnings when I went to visit sites I want to visit

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
So far so better. No idea about protection as I don't do malware testing. As long as it's better than the default Windows Defender AV then it should be better

At least better than ESET IS tested recently. I can see it slows down my laptop and throws up a lot of warnings when I went to visit sites I want to visit

Good to know. Avast is better than ESET? Curious where you saw this?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.