New Bitdefender Free version Just Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
ZeroDay said:
ryan said:
Zeroday: I had installed Bitdefender free last night for a test and it was updating hourly. Everything was working well on my side. I change out my config almost everyday call me crazy but i know how almost every product behaves.

Thank you Ryan. Maybe not crazy the way your switching could be the ultimate config :)

It's updates signatures every 1-2 hours.

Z

ZeroDay

DrBeenGolfing said:
ZeroDay said:
ryan said:
Zeroday: I had installed Bitdefender free last night for a test and it was updating hourly. Everything was working well on my side. I change out my config almost everyday call me crazy but i know how almost every product behaves.

Thank you Ryan. Maybe not crazy the way your switching could be the ultimate config :)

It's updates signatures every 1-2 hours.

Thanks DrBeenGolfing.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
I would love to Photon Technology come to the BitDefender Free Edition hopefully this will happen in the near future! :cool:

http://www.hotforsecurity.com/blog/bitde...-6477.html

Photon is a feature of the paid New Bitdefender. Momentarily, our free antivirus solution does not include this technology.

Thank you,
Loredana Botezatu

"Momentarily", so it could come to the Free version, who knows? Big Grin

dwarfin

Level 1
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Actaully there is a new version available 1.18.xx
I tested bitdefender free for quite a time and its really good, silent solution. After my webroot license expiration i will switch back to this product.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Remove Bitdefender Free Edition, because you had to have a special uninstall tool to completely remove!
Secondly, Bitdefender Customer Service is a real headache! Too much E-mail TAG for me. Here what I have install
my PC's below:

> 360 Interent Security 2013
> Trojan Hunter
> Malwarebytes Anti- Malware
> Malwarebytes Anti Rootkit
> Hitman Pro
> CCleaner
> Wise Care 365

I have had the set-up with for about a month with no problem and customer service is great with the above
software.

For me I will never go back to Bitdefender again! Strike 3 and their out!!

dwarfin

Level 1
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Never got any problems with uinstalling bd free on both: Vista and win 7. Also never got problems or conflicts witn os while using this program.
Also was using 360 internet secuirty 2013 but found it too heavy on resources and it seems that bd av is in some way adapting to your system when you give it a try.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
its just useless....in my opinion.....bitdefender free slows down net badly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.