1. TerrakionSmash

TerrakionSmash Level 16

Nov 17, 2016
    Somewhere underwater or over water. I am water!
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    Browser efficiency comparison - Fullscreen Video
    Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update

Methodology summary
    The Microsoft Edge team measured the time it took three identical Surface Book laptops to run fully through their batteries while streaming HTML5 video in fullscreen.

The test was done on three Surface Books running build 16299 and connected to the Internet through Wifi.

Results
    Microsoft Edge lasted 79% longer than Firefox, 29% longer than Chrome, and 40% longer than Opera in this test.

Additional numbers were generated to control for battery health and to reflect what the performance might have looked like if the battery run-down had consumed the battery design capacity of the device. This was used as a gut-check to ensure that one browser wouldn't significant outperform another in conditions where battery health had deteriorated.

[​IMG]

DeepWeb, pablozi, amico81 and 4 others like this.
  2. DeepWeb

DeepWeb Level 9

Jul 1, 2017
    Nurse
    On a journey
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Now can we finally stop hyping up Firefox Quantum?

Oxygen likes this.
  3. CMLew

CMLew Level 22

Oct 30, 2015
    Registered Safety Practitioner
    Singapore
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    I've tried firefox quantum and initially looks fine and was pretty speedy. But after using it sometime, it gets redundant. Hence I switch it back to chrome canary. my favorite.