Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Browser efficiency comparison - Fullscreen Video
Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update

Methodology summary
The Microsoft Edge team measured the time it took three identical Surface Book laptops to run fully through their batteries while streaming HTML5 video in fullscreen.

The test was done on three Surface Books running build 16299 and connected to the Internet through Wifi.

Results
Microsoft Edge lasted 79% longer than Firefox, 29% longer than Chrome, and 40% longer than Opera in this test.

Additional numbers were generated to control for battery health and to reflect what the performance might have looked like if the battery run-down had consumed the battery design capacity of the device. This was used as a gut-check to ensure that one browser wouldn't significant outperform another in conditions where battery health had deteriorated.

rundown-results.png

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I've tried firefox quantum and initially looks fine and was pretty speedy. But after using it sometime, it gets redundant. Hence I switch it back to chrome canary. my favorite.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.