Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
What's New?

IMPROVED! The desktop widget now have common tasks pane and status pane which shows # of sandboxed apps, unrecognized files etc.
IMPROVED! Killswitch now shows the traffic per process by default(should run as admin)
IMPROVED! Maximize window support added to relevant dialogs such as advanced settings, Quarantined items windows etc.
IMPROVED! Right click menu has been added to grids in relevant dialogs such as advanced settings
IMPROVED! Sound effects are used in alert windows to grab users' attention
IMPROVED! Log viewer has been redesigned to fir CIS 6 theme
IMPROVED! Offline virus database update functionality - Import Virus Database feature has been introduced
IMPROVED! File submission and lookup operations have been introduced
IMPROVED! Reboot reminder alert has been introduced to various places
IMPROVED! Diagnostics download missing files from the Internet
IMPROVED! Error log in updater is now accessible for more information
IMPROVED! Web Browser Data Folders file group has been created so that it could be added to sandbox exceptions to preserve various browser data e.g. downloads, bookmarks, chrome apps etc.(Not added by default currently)
IMPROVED! Configuration editor and virus scanning operations can now be performed in safe mode
IMPROVED! Better keyboard support(Press and hold ALT key to see options)
IMPROVED! Non-blocking grids with progress(e.g. trusted files, submitted file etc.)
IMPROVED! Trust connect integration reintroduced
IMPROVED! Upgrade to paid products is now possible
IMPROVED! Browse processes dialog has been improved
IMPROVED! Verbose mode for HIPS alerts added to configuration list
IMPROVED! Added an option to disable cache builder for antivirus
IMPROVED! Help buttons added to all dialogs
FIXED! cmdagent constantly access disk
FIXED! Behavior Blocker does not intercept some COM related operations for auto-sandboxed apps such as PCFlank leak test
FIXED! Windows 8 black screen of death on some computers
FIXED! Computer freezes after resetting sandbox
FIXED! Sandboxed bittorent doesnt function properly
FIXED! Sandboxed IE cannnot browse certain web pages with flash support
FIXED! Sandboxed browsers leak memory on some flash based web sites
FIXED! Cannot sandbox Dragon/Chrome if an instance is already running
FIXED! Password protection doesnt work in UI and Kiosk
FIXED! Firewall creates popup alerts in Game mode
FIXED! It is not possible to set Chrome/Dragon as default browser when they run in sandbox
FIXED! CIS consumes too much CPU while applying actions in scan windows
FIXED! Smart screen window closes automatically in Kiosk on Windows 8
FIXED! HIPS does NOT stop screen capturing/key logging when unknown apps run outside the sandbox
FIXED! CIS cant be started if cmdagent is disabled
FIXED! Web Browser option is missing in firewall alerts
FIXED! CIS alerts for shell32.dll after hibernation
FIXED! CIS shows undefined popup alert
FIXED! BSOD while running backup with shadowprotect
FIXED! AV alert freezes while applying some actions or being shown
FIXED! BSOD in kiosk during Firefox update
FIXED! Firewall creates alerts with random process names for IGMP

Download Link: Removed... Visit the forum post for the download link. COMODO Internet Security 6.0.258294.2626 BETA Released

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Issue: even though I have untick option to change homepage to yahoo.....comodo changed default homepage to yahoo.....no matter how many times I changed my homepage to default, it keeps on changing back to yahoo every time I restart my pc or browser.......

Solution: Since I use only IE10 right now....when I checked managed add-ons and under search provider, I found out that it has placed yahoo add-ons....so I removed it from there and problem is solved.....

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
samit said:
Issue: even though I have untick option to change homepage to yahoo.....comodo changed default homepage to yahoo.....no matter how many times I changed my homepage to default, it keeps on changing back to yahoo every time I restart my pc or browser.......

Solution: Since I use only IE10 right now....when I checked managed add-ons and under search provider, I found out that it has placed yahoo add-ons....so I removed it from there and problem is solved.....

Same here. Not nice Comodo!

D

Deleted member 178

samit said:
Issue: even though I have untick option to change homepage to yahoo.....comodo changed default homepage to yahoo.....no matter how many times I changed my homepage to default, it keeps on changing back to yahoo every time I restart my pc or browser........

never had this issue with it on Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.