New comprehensive test

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Lindrian said:
Okay I am sorry to say but I have too much on my plate for now. The testing is delayed until further notice.

Oh, okay. Hope everything goes okay for you ;)

Lindrian

Thread author
Sep 8, 2011
McLovin said:
Lindrian said:
Okay I am sorry to say but I have too much on my plate for now. The testing is delayed until further notice.

Oh, okay. Hope everything goes okay for you ;)

I can try to test the software without recording it, that will go MUCH faster and just publish a pdf file, if people feel that is ok.

D

Deleted member 178

yes that will be informative while waiting the videos.

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
Ok honestly, I do have my doubts. I'm happy with the idea, but I have some questions.

1) some products use the cloud, so cutting the internet connection will not test the products real detection capabilities.
2) how do you separate the real malware from false positives ?
3) although I'm happy you test 64 bit, some products could've different results under 32 bit (sandboxing and stuff)
4) speaking of sandboxing, considering that the malware runs in a sandbox but will appear on task manager --> pass or not ?
5) how are you planning on reacting to pop-ups ? Paranoid - advanced user - newbie - ...

thanks and good luck,
eXp

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
you could start with the program, i believe it's the same thing you are working on.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/malwareautodown/

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.