Advice Request New Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2018.8 GUI feedback

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Just tried new BETA and I must seriously ask how this UI is more simplified for elders, for automated alerts, yes, for managing/finding right settings, no. My suggestion would be to move all settings to online console and leave client UI simple with option to toggle advanced settings, similiar like Sophos Home, but I understand that would require a lot of work.
EAM current version is almost at max settings, elders don't have and won't even go there.

Fabian Wosar

From Emsisoft
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
In case you missed it, we released a new beta yesterday and it has that one feature you guys have been bugging us about for ages:

1538131370284.png

Hope you enjoy it. :)

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Black + green is ok, black + blue is.. I didn't even wanted black theme lol, Emsisoft users never satisfied, like what did you expect black theme to look like? :D

Reactions: Al-Faqir

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Black + green is ok, black + blue is.. I didn't even wanted black theme lol, Emsisoft users never satisfied, like what did you expect black theme to look like? :D

It doesn't look that bad. Easier on the eyes then it being all white.

Reactions: Faybert

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

Thats dark gray not black..

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Why open your antivirus UI at night anyway? You guys open it like multiple times just out of curosity if it's working so your eyes start itching looking at white-ish color-plate or malware is actually the most active at night times? :D

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Why open your antivirus UI at night anyway? You guys open it like multiple times just out of curosity if it's working so your eyes start itching looking at white-ish color-plate or malware is actually the most active at night times? :D

Its a preference of mine to have everything dark. I have bad eyes as it is. I didn't suggest Emsisoft go that route but I'm accepting of it.

Reactions: spaceoctopus

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
After a month with the new UI, I have to say that it's very very annoying that you have everything on one page. Fortunately EAM is the type of AV that you set once and forget about and never check again. 99% of the time, I interact with EAM through the notification popups. But yeah, the UI might seem more beautiful but it's just annoying to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.