new house and electro mix done by me :)

S

starchild76

Thread author
I have made a new house / electro mix , if you guys want to check it out , here is the link :

http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/55637208/file.html

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
SoundCloud is great for sharing your sounds.
https://soundcloud.com/

+ Easier to share. :D

S

starchild76

Thread author
I know earth , I normally use soundcloud or mixcloud to upload my mixes. but for some strange reason I connot upload there for sometime now. gives me an error message to try again :(

McLovin

Level 78
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Glad to see another person that makes mixes. :)

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
McLovin said:

As a recording engineer, this type of comment has always made me roll my eyes.

Taking a bunch of music made by other people and pasting/chaining them together is not "mixing"...

Edit: Please note, I haven't listened to the mix posted so I don't know if that's what you've done. I just know that's what McLovin does.

McLovin

Level 78
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
HeffeD said:

Taking a bunch of music made by other people and pasting/chaining them together is not "mixing"...

Edit: Please note, I haven't listened to the mix posted so I don't know if that's what you've done. I just know that's what McLovin does.

Right, I see what you mean, but you look at ElectroHouseDirty all he does is mix music together and look what you get, happy music people. Not saying I created all the music myself just the mixes I did.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
HeffeD said:
McLovin said:

Its call mixing e.g dj,the people who produce the music are producers :)

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
House_maniac said:
Its call mixing e.g dj,the people who produce the music are producers :)

No, sorry...

If you ask anyone in the industry what a mix is, they'll tell you that is when you take all of the individual tracks that make up a song and balance the levels of each track. This is usually also the point when outboard effects (compression, reverb, delay, etc...) are applied to the tracks. Sometimes effects are applied during the recording process, but this tends to limit your options during the mix, so the tracks are usually recorded clean.

The producer is a person who oversees the entire recording process. Sometimes they are involved in the writing process with an artist, but usually they are there during the recording and mixing process of a song or album. They are the person who tells the singer that they were out of tune and that they need to try again. Some engineers are also producers.

A DJ is a DJ. Granted, some DJ's have gone on to write/produce music, but when a DJ puts two songs together, that is just putting two songs together... ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.