New Kaspersky 2020 English available

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
It sounds like you already know what to do. But just in case, here's the blog that helped me.

I don't know how Kaspersky hasn't fixed this frigging thing yet. It's absurd.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Just tried Kaspersky Cloud Free v20 again and it's nice to see Kaspersky seriously addressing things we complained about. They've addressed all the issues with recommendations and notifications and is now not bugging anymore if you ignore password manager and other extras.

I just wish there was some easy way to remove Kaspersky extension from Firefox. Also it still seems to be injecting Kaspersky script into all webpages even though I've killed its extension and now NoScript is blocking it (which I'm not sure if it's interfering with web scanning or not in terms of malware protection if I continue blocking kaspersky-labs.com script with NoScript).

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Just tried Kaspersky Cloud Free v20 again and it's nice to see Kaspersky seriously addressing things we complained about. They've addressed all the issues with recommendations and notifications and is now not bugging anymore if you ignore password manager and other extras.

I just wish there was some easy way to remove Kaspersky extension from Firefox. Also it still seems to be injecting Kaspersky script into all webpages even though I've killed its extension and now NoScript is blocking it (which I'm not sure if it's interfering with web scanning or not in terms of malware protection if I continue blocking kaspersky-labs.com script with NoScript).
Did you disabled it on...?
Setting > additional > network > inject script

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Did you disabled it on...?
Setting > additional > network > inject script

I've disabled adding of extension to browser and it keeps on adding it to Firefox. I didn't disable injection of script there. But not unblocking it in NoScript means it's ineffective. They need to address this because the unremovable extension in Firefox is driving me insane.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I've disabled adding of extension to browser and it keeps on adding it to Firefox. I didn't disable injection of script there. But not unblocking it in NoScript means it's ineffective. They need to address this because the unremovable extension in Firefox is driving me insane.
Did you do it from the web antivirus settings? In Web antivirus settings there's an option something like "Automatically install browser extension in browsers......" Disable that and then disable the extension in Firefox. You won't be able to remove it but it will stay disabled. And you need to disable script injection too. Having this two disabled should solve your problem.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Pirchasing the Total Security was a mistake; I no longer use the password manager. Can I activate the Internet Seucurity version using TS product key?

Reactions: [correlate]

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Pirchasing the Total Security was a mistake; I no longer use the password manager. Can I activate the Internet Seucurity version using TS product key?
Nope it will automatically update to TS. But the password manager is an optional download. I also have a TS license and don't use the password manager. Actually I bought it beause Kaspersky had a promotion when I renewed that made TS cheaper than IS

Outpost

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 11, 2020

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
KPM license is included in KTS, but as already said, it's optional to use it, so You can disable it from autorun, or even uninstall it...
I have uninstalled it previously. And I have hidden the notifications. Is there a way to stop KIS from upgrading to TS when activated ny a TS product key?

Reactions: [correlate]

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
The product is developed to admit any type of license and then it will become in the product of the specific license...

Just use directly KIS installer + a KIS license...

If You add a KTS to a KIS product, it will become in KTS product... just use a KIS license... :)

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
The product is developed to admit any type of license and then it will become in the product of the specific license...

Just use directly KIS installer + a KIS license...

If You add a KTS to a KIS product, it will become in KTS product... just use a KIS license... :)
I still have 129 in KTS license. It seems that I will wait till my license expires and then I will purchase a KIS license. Thank you

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.