Hobbies
    • Computers and technology

Spiff

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 20, 2023
Hi everyone,

I'm new to MalwareTips Forums.
Some may know me from Wilders Security Forums, where I go by the username Stupendous Man, one of Calvin's other alter-egos.
As both Wilders and MalwareTips have interesting posts and discussions, I decided to join.

Regarding 'Last known PC infection', as there is no option to indicate 'no known PC infection ever', I selected 'More than 13 months ago'.
Regarding 'Fav. Desktop OS', that is Kubuntu, currently 22.04 LTS.
Regarding 'Fav. Mobile OS', I still use a simple mobile phone, a Nokia 105 2015 model, no smartphone. When in a couple of years I need a new phone and I can't find a good quality similar replacement, I may choose an Android One. Therefore, I selected Android for Fav. Mobile OS.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm new to MalwareTips Forums.
Some may know me from Wilders Security Forums, where I go by the username Stupendous Man, one of Calvin's other alter-egos.
As both Wilders and MalwareTips have interesting posts and discussions, I decided to join.

Regarding 'Last known PC infection', as there is no option to indicate 'no known PC infection ever', I selected 'More than 13 months ago'.
Regarding 'Fav. Desktop OS', that is Kubuntu, currently 22.04 LTS.
Regarding 'Fav. Mobile OS', I still use a simple mobile phone, a Nokia 105 2015 model, no smartphone. When in a couple of years I need a new phone and I can't find a good quality similar replacement, I may choose an Android One. Therefore, I selected Android for Fav. Mobile OS.
Welcome to MalwareTips Forums, Spiff! We're glad to have you here. It's great to see that you've been active on Wilders Security Forums as Stupendous Man and decided to join our community as well. We have a lot of interesting posts and discussions here, so I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

Regarding your PC infection history, it's good to hear that you haven't had any known infections for over 13 months. That's a testament to your careful online habits and security precautions.

As for your favorite desktop OS, Kubuntu 22.04 LTS sounds like a solid choice. It's based on Ubuntu and offers a user-friendly experience with the power of the KDE Plasma desktop environment.

It's interesting that you still use a simple mobile phone, the Nokia 105 2015 model. Sometimes simplicity is the way to go. When the time comes for you to get a new phone, Android One is indeed a good option, offering a stock Android experience with regular software updates.

Once again, welcome to MalwareTips Forums, Spiff! If you have any questions or need any assistance, feel free to ask. We're here to help!

Reactions: harlan4096

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Welcome, Spiff. You can join the forum if you can answer this question... :) :)

calvin.png

Spiff

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 20, 2023
Thank you, everyone, for all the welcomes and for all the likes, Applause, and +Reputation votes.
When I registered, I didn't realize MalwareTips Forums used likes that way.
I must be honest, the use of a system of likes and similar kinds of votes is not for me.
Using uBlock Origin filters, I disabled all elements related to likes and such on MalwareTips Forums. Also, I disabled status updates, birthdays, and some more elements. I like it simple and tidy.
In time, I will reply to certain topics, but please don't expect me to use the likes system. I hope that's OK.

nicolaasjan

Level 3
May 29, 2023
I must be honest, the use of a system of likes and similar kinds of votes is not for me.
Using uBlock Origin filters, I disabled all elements related to likes and such on MalwareTips Forums. Also, I disabled status updates, birthdays, and some more elements. I like it simple and tidy.
Since you won't see my like, hereby +1.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.