Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Microsoft Security Essentials

From a newly redesigned website, the Features and Benefits of running Microsoft Security Essentials are now listed with explanations. So you know before you decide to download their Antivirus solution for your Windows PC.

• Realtime Protection
  • System Scanning
  • System Cleaning
  • Windows Firewall integration
  • Live system behaviour monitoring
  • Dynamic signature service
  • Rootkit protection
  • Protection against false positives
  • Network inspection system

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Oh! I didn't notice. My bad. :lol:

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
It's not an attack, sorry if it sounded like that. They have the money , why shouldn't they do something better?

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
ghost, it's cool. I didn't see it as one. :)

tomo, the colour choices used kind of surprised me. :lol:

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
I see that lady saying to me: "I really don't know what an antivirus program is but i do have a very good diet program"!

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
When I open up the site, without reading anything, I think Banking/Financial or Health Website :D Not Antivirus.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well the only thing that its an antivirus site is the awards like virusbtn and etc.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
OK, the site looks different than most av sites. Microsoft has a "tradition" with these happy faces scrolling on our screens (although this time I don't see happy grandpa and the site is racist, yo!). OK, OK, I was bashing them a bit. One thing I like about MSE and this site makes it clear is this:
Microsoft Security Essentials can also be used by small businesses on up to 10 PCs!

ballader1

Apr 14, 2011
bogdan said:
OK, the site looks different than most av sites. Microsoft has a "tradition" with these happy faces scrolling on our screens (although this time I don't see happy grandpa and the site is racist, yo!). OK, OK, I was bashing them a bit. One thing I like about MSE and this site makes it clear is this:
Microsoft Security Essentials can also be used by small businesses on up to 10 PCs!

Most sites make things like that clear, but I'm not a big fan of this design...actually I'm not a fan of it at all.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not sure if its related to the New MSE website design as they moved the site on this link.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Looks to be true.

It does look better than before, now it looks like a MS product website. :D

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Earth said:
Looks to be true.

It does look better than before, now it looks like a MS product website. :D

True, it now looks like something that actually resembles a technology website :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
More professional looking than the old one which other members here stated before its like a pharmacy website. ;)

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Never did get round to trying MSE, but when it first came out the reviews suggested it was as good as any other and good enough to use for those complete novice users who just like to install & forget. So am I right in saying that what used to be a good thing is now useless bloated resource hog crap?? :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I think the new website has a good loot to it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.