New Norton AntiVirus Basic is Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
New Norton AntiVirus Basic is Now Available!

The new Norton AntiVirus Basic is now available on Norton online stores.

Are we just bringing Norton AntiVirus back?

Though similar in name, Norton AntiVirus and Norton AntiVirus Basic are not the same. The new Norton AntiVirus Basic has different features and benefits from Norton AntiVirus. Please visit Norton AntiVirus Basic product page to learn about the benefits the product has to offer.

Where will the product be available?

Visit Norton Internet Security | Norton 360 | Norton AntiVirus board to post your queries.

Thanks,

Gayathri Rajendiran

Norton Forums Administrator

Symantec Corporation

Source: New Norton AntiVirus Basic is Now Available!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shran

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 19, 2015
@Huracan Yes, they did combine & still are, just sometimes for whatever reason they are still referred to by their old names.
Standard would be the equal to the old NIS for 1 device, Deluxe would be NIS for 5 devices and Premium would be 360
New NAV Basic is equal to the old NAV (except this basic one doesn't include customer support!?)

upload_2016-8-12_17-18-27.png

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you (all) for sharing.:)
I have liked Norton a great deal as of late, though currently I only still use their AV for Android. Like Paul Lee, I too hoped (wistfully) that Basic might have somehow meant Basically "Free".:p Their multiple device offers are quite reasonable.

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I think it's hilarious that Norton AntiVirus Basic doesn't have the "Protects better and faster than the competition" box marked in the comparison chart. :D
I dont understand exactly what it is. according to the exaplanation below they point to the speed test. It means norton basic can be slower than the norton standard of Im not mistaken

rigor

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2016
I dont understand exactly what it is. according to the exaplanation below they point to the speed test. It means norton basic can be slower than the norton standard of Im not mistaken

Im pretty sure they are talking about other software companies (Kaspersky, ESET, Bitdefender... etc) when they say "Protects better and faster than the competition".

What speed test are you talking about btw? Im not seeing any.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Norton Basic page mention "No in-product advertising pestering you to switch to a paid security solution".
What does it means?
"Bonus: You won’t be bombarded with the annoying ads you see in free software."

Meaning no "Upgrade to Norton Security" or "Buy Norton Support to Remove Virus".

Until there are direct download links available or actual Video Reviews, you can only download by Subscribing.

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I remember the time when Norton AV was the "malware" to uninstall (with some tutorials / tools because it was very hard to completely remove it and be enable to install the AV we want " ... can't be install because another Av was found...") :D
/ nostalgia OFF

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.