New Official Comodo forum Powered by Discourse

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

@cruelsister when I am correct you advised to use WiseVector free with CFW free. When WiseVector drops the consumer version, what free AV would you recommend to use alongside CFW?

Reactions: simmerskool

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I must be seeing the wrong forums!! What the hell is this?

1676657595879.png

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I must be seeing the wrong forums!! What the hell is this?

View attachment 272983
Yeah, they just changed the forum software one night this week. No one got any prior notification. I'm not a fan of it though some features better than the old forum. There is a dark mode but just not a fan of the layout.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
what free AV would you recommend to use alongside CFW
My WVSX recommendation was done after a year long trial of the combination, now sadly wasted. I believe a Kaspersky product will be an alternative and I'll start a trial this weekend. It'll take a while to confirm all is honky-dory.
Well it messed up some drivers on my old laptop when I tried doing that
Sorry as I wasn't clear at all! I meant to do this just as an initial check to verify that the product would change at the end of the 30 day period, and then change it back.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I believe a Kaspersky product will be an alternative and I'll start a trial this weekend. It'll take a while to confirm all is honky-dory.
@cruelsister, I'd like to try same or similar combo on VM. are you thinking Kaspersky Free (if it still exists) I do have a license for Kaspersky Standard. Also since Standard controls the firewall, I assume that I'd need to install KS first, and then install CF so CF will override K's firewall. Is that assumption correct? (also wondering if K will allow CF to install properly. I guess that's part of the test ;)) Your thoughts welcome. :unsure:

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
The new forum, as I posted somewhere before is............Blahhh. Dull and boring.

I do intend to check out Comodo's new firewall if they release it during my lifetime. Whether I'll adopt it is debatable. I've chosen Kaspersky Plus thanks to a killer deal just before Christmas and selected a 2 year subsciption. Love it. It's light on this old system. Being Kaspersky I've no doubt it's solid protection.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Discourse is free and open-source forum software.

What if none of these plans fit my budget?

Good news! Discourse is, and will always be, 100% free and open source software. You may also want to self-host for reasons other than budget, including privacy or full control over the free software that you've installed.

Alternatively, the community can install or host Discourse in the cloud for you.

Starting from around $100 per month for open communities.

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 19.22.44.png

Reactions: upnorth

Antig

Level 1
Mar 23, 2021
@cruelsister,
it's about a week i am using Kaspersky Free along with CComodo Firewall (C for Cruel) in Windows 10.
Only drawback i noticed was a sort of half second delay if i keep both Comodo and Kaspersky web filters running when opening a site.

I tried to use both separately,also on Low, and found that in my system the better solution ,which does not delay anything, is keeping Comodo Web filter enabled and disabling the corresponding setting in Kaspersky.
In my opinion Kaspersky is not in the least dininished by this and can take care of business pretty well with its power engine. Without forgetting that, with comodo Containment, any moderately expert guy could even do without an antivirus.
Thanks for all your suggestions from your also luddite,
Antig

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.