Not open for further replies.

gery79

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
I have heard that BD updated its products and some are reporting that it is lighter right now especially in terms of web browsing . What is your opinion on this matter?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
grimreaper1014 uninstalled Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 because he felt a slow down while browsing so their is that...
I have tried it a few days ago ,and because I have a 100Mbps connection I didn't feel a major slow down however like with all web guards (as they scan the web page before rendering it) their is a certain impact.
What type of connection do you have?

iScream

Dec 7, 2011
A month - or maybe two - ago I had hangups on page loads sometimes, but having BD IS installed right now, I don't get it anymore. I'm glad it disappeared.

gery79

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
ZoneAlarm Extreme was extremely slowing my download and upload speed to a crawl
With ZA it was something like 0.10 or o.20 and upload was a little better
Without ZA it rose up to 1.60 and upload was better too

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Seems like the opinions are splitted..Why don't you install a 30-day free trial and give this product a run?

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
b]Hello Everyone!

Topic: BitDefender Total Security 2012

I install BitDefender Total Security 2012 about Three Weeks ago.
All the bug's seem to be cured. BitDefender Firewall seem to be a headache
when connecting different WiFi signals. That is when, I Roaming with
my laptop! And connecting!To other WiFi Signals! A plus for BitDefender
Total Security 2012 is that for me they seem to have the least False Positive out there.
Also, SuperAntispyware run perfectly with BitDefender Total Security 2012.

Moose[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.