New Yahoo security alert?

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Problem here in UK. Maybe it's just coincidence I got the LastPass alert whilst Yahoo was down. Could simply be a late response to the news released the other day about the 2014 breach. I guess we'll find out soon.

Or going by how long Yahoo took to let us know about the 2014 breach, maybe not so soon.

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
YAHOO is accessible in Germany at this time. Tonight i checked my Yahoo-Inbox. There was an eMail
from YAHOO with informations about the breach in 2014 and that i should change my password because my account could be affected.
I changed my password: everything seems to work fine ... no problems with YAHOO.

Yahoo Mail has been down for several hours and I'm now getting a message from LastPass saying there has been a major Yahoo security breach and I should change my password immediately.

..yes also saw this message from LastPass....

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.