MiserableHumanBeing's Security Config

• Thread starter MiserableHumanBeing
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MiserableHumanBeing

Thread author
Haters might say that Immunet sucks and why would you use that. Well, the newest version (5) is much better and works like a charm, tested it myself and it has a very nice detection.
Haters might say why don't you use a firewall and a zero-day component. Well, I actually don't need a firewall (yes, DON'T NEED) because I don't handle weird stuff in my real machine. Also, Immunet does have some sort of zero-day capabilities so I'm fine with it.
Even though Avira is disappointing at the moment, their little browser extension is very good and I use it for its web filtering capabilities (Immunet doesn't have that one covered).
I also use uBlock to get rid of these nasty ads and keep my sanity at a decent level.
I use MBAM as a second opinion scanner, and VT uploader to clarify things.
I'm not using OS updates because you know why, I don't like that guy that wears glasses, is the richest man in the world according to Forbes, and still pretends tons of money from us. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yigido

Thread author
Great config for me :)
I like Immunet @Daniel Hidalgo also showed us many examples of his performance on system. It is also very light.
Agreed about Avira browser safety (ABS) extension is very good against harmfull sites.
Did Immunet remove the useless premium banner on right side of the UI?

M

MiserableHumanBeing

Thread author
You can notice the old UI with some minor changes, but its clean and ad free. Their paid version is discontinued, Cisco (the new owners) want a free community driven program.

tUW9OEL.png

Y

yigido

Thread author
Yes, this is why I asked. It was useless without a paid version.

By the way, do not expect a "PC : Secure" title for your config :D

Reactions: Daniel Hidalgo
M

MiserableHumanBeing

Thread author
Yes, this is why I asked. It was useless without a paid version.

By the way, do not expect a "PC : Secure" title for your config :D

I don't care too much, I don't care at all to be honest. I use this config without any problems, without having to lose a lot of performance or money. I use this on my PC (i'm experinced), on my brother's PC (he doesn't have a clue what he's doing) and my father's PC (same as my brother) and they are virus free and well. I clearly know that this config works.

Y

yigido

Thread author
I don't care too much, I don't care at all to be honest. I use this config without any problems, without having to lose a lot of performance or money. I use this on my PC (i'm experinced), on my brother's PC (he doesn't have a clue what he's doing) and my father's PC (same as my brother) and they are virus free and well. I clearly know that this config works.
I am sure most of the possible threats are blocked on browser (thanks to ABS)
Stay secure ;)

Daniel Hidalgo

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
excellent configuration
I suggest adding norton power eraser as a second opinion scanner, it is light, fast and thorough analysis and HTTPS everywhere in your browser

W

Wave

Thread author
Haters might say that Immunet sucks and why would you use that. Well, the newest version (5) is much better and works like a charm, tested it myself and it has a very nice detection.
Well every security product has it's good days and bad days and no vendor can detect everything however if it strictly evolves around static analysis methods then you may wish to consider another product... Behavioural zero-day protection components are very important these days. If any malware slips through the static analysis (e.g. checksum scanning / static heuristics) then good luck...

I'm not using OS updates because you know why, I don't like that guy that wears glasses, is the richest man in the world according to Forbes, and still pretends tons of money from us. ;)
In other words.. basically what you are trying to telling us is that you'd rather leave your system insecure and vulnerable to exploits which are being patched for everyone else except for you, just because you are not a fan of someone who owns/works at a company. Not a good decision IMO - you could at least allow the security updates.

uBlock Origin? Great choice IMO. I use it too. You might like HTTPS Everywhere also.

At least you kept UAC enabled...

I recommend you make a system backup (as long as your system is 100% clean) so you can revert in the case of infection.

Stay safe and good luck! ;)

M

MiserableHumanBeing

Thread author
excellent configuration
I suggest adding norton power eraser as a second opinion scanner, it is light, fast and thorough analysis and HTTPS everywhere in your browser

I don't trust Symantec/Norton. Had a lot of issues with their products. I hate them.

Well every security product has it's good days and bad days and no vendor can detect everything however if it strictly evolves around static analysis methods then you may wish to consider another product... Behavioural zero-day protection components are very important these days. If any malware slips through the static analysis (e.g. checksum scanning / static heuristics) then good luck...

In other words.. basically what you are trying to telling us is that you'd rather leave your system insecure and vulnerable to exploits which are being patched for everyone else except for you, just because you are not a fan of someone who owns/works at a company. Not a good decision IMO - you could at least allow the security updates.

uBlock Origin? Great choice IMO. I use it too. You might like HTTPS Everywhere also.

At least you kept UAC enabled...

I recommend you make a system backup (as long as your system is 100% clean) so you can revert in the case of infection.

Stay safe and good luck! ;)

Man, I update Winblows from time to time, don't get me wrong, but I need to be careful or Bill will deactivate my product, ya know...
I agree with you, I should do backups from time to time, but I'm too lazy.

M

MiserableHumanBeing

Thread author
PC: AT RISK! lol :D

LOLOLOLOL omg i feel the risks burning, my computer is screaming, my hardware is starting to burn, someone please help me!!!

I might get banned because of this, but here ya go MT staff:

Mod Edit: Image removed - Forum Rules apply.

Oh wait, I know, I will go and buy Winblows right away, there's an unseen force that checks if I bought my copy of Winblows, and if it finds that I'm a pirate, it will strike me with malware!
Oh snap, I'll add another 213423543 security programs because I need more security, Jeez. I'll install everything listed on VirusTotal, I have 8gb of RAM, there's enough place for everyone, if a virus strikes, there are so many layers of security that it will disintegrate right away. I'm saved.

Reactions: Behold Eck
M

MiserableHumanBeing

Thread author
Why not use Unix-like OS?
I need some apps that are present only on Winblows. I need them, there's no other way. Btw, Linux rulez.

LE: Please, don't take it personal, but get real man.

LE2: Everybody, don't even dare to install what is mentioned here, your PC will burn like a torch, these days you need protection even when you go outside for a walk in the park.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I need some apps that are present only on Winblows. I need them, there's no other way. Btw, Linux rulez.

LE: Please, don't take it personal, but get real man.
I don't see what the problem is, if you cannot respect others. Don't expect anything back. Simple as.

As for multiple security layers, it's how and what we live in.

W

Wave

Thread author
LOLOLOLOL omg i feel the risks burning, my computer is screaming, my hardware is starting to burn, someone please help me!!!

I might get banned because of this, but here ya go MT staff:

Mod Edit: Image removed - Forum Rules apply.

Oh wait, I know, I will go and buy Winblows right away, there's an unseen force that checks if I bought my copy of Winblows, and if it finds that I'm a pirate, it will strike me with malware!
Oh snap, I'll add another 213423543 security programs because I need more security, Jeez. I'll install everything listed on VirusTotal, I have 8gb of RAM, there's enough place for everyone, if a virus strikes, there are so many layers of security that it will disintegrate right away. I'm saved.
I don't understand the point of this, it doesn't make much sense IMO. No one told you to install a dozen security programs? You were just informed that you've left your system vulnerable if security patches aren't installed and that your current real-time protection won't have the capabilities to deal with real threats once they have bypassed the static scanning, which is very easy for any malware author to do with the correct given resources, available to them with some google searches. (e.g. "Fully Undetectable packer").

Think about all the malware samples released into the wild on a weekly basis. Now think about how many of this will use vulnerabilities within the Windows OS as an advantage (called an exploit) to successfully compromise your system. By keeping your system updated with the latest security patches at all times, you reduce your risk to successful infection via use of exploits by a big percentage. Of course there are always zero-day exploits, but these are typically patched up quickly after reports are sent through and vendors obtain samples of the exploit. Therefore, keeping things updated is one of the best defences against exploits...

But it's up to you to do whatever you want with your config. We are just here to help you improve it, if you want to use our advice...

Then use Linux and run your Windows programs via WINE (if it works of course). That might work, try it and let us know.

M

MiserableHumanBeing

Thread author
I don't see what the problem is, if you cannot respect others. Don't expect anything back. Simple as.

As for multiple security layers, it's how and what we live in.

You know, life's hard, and I expect nothing from it. I would like to have a conversation with you on this topic, life and all about it, but maybe we'll do it later.

Dollar to a dime, this will be a short lived user ;)
Thank you very much for your optimism, it is deeply appreciated.

I don't understand the point of this, it doesn't make much sense IMO. No one told you to install a dozen security programs? You were just informed that you've left your system vulnerable if security patches aren't installed and that your current real-time protection won't have the capabilities to deal with real threats once they have bypassed the static scanning, which is very easy for any malware author to do with the correct given resources, available to them with some google searches. (e.g. "Fully Undetectable packer").

But it's up to you to do whatever you want with your config. We are just here to help you improve it, if you want to use our advice...

Then use Linux and run your Windows programs via WINE (if it works of course). That might work, try it and let us know.
WINE clearly doesn't work, tried it numerous times and it is far from what I need.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MiserableHumanBeing

Thread author
I understand why you don't like Windows updates, I don't like them too ... but, why you don't have the Windows Firewall enabled ?

Instead of helping, it messed up things for me in the past. Had enough of it. I don't trust Microsoft anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.