Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
NIS 2011 vs CIS 5?

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
I know people would except this coming from a Norton user, but I have to say their 2011 products have definitely improved, considering their past disappointments, it doesn't put much of a strain on my PC and does a good job of detecting and actually preventing malware, so I vote for NIS.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I use NIS 2011 before, they do very well the feature of insight which gives better also the sonar to detect unknown file.

In CIS the defense + gives better however needs to interact to the file and users needs to decide and their sandbox that detects and automatically run the unknown in the virtual.

For me both of them are good if i need to choose then NIS2011.

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
CIS has better protection based on my experience and it's free.
Norton does a great job protecting a noob without having to interact too much.
I can't choose ,both are great, cause i would choose the one that suits my current situation and that would be not fair.

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
I have never used CIS but have tried Comodo firewall w/defense+ and it wasn't long before I said "nope I just don't need all these annoyances".

With that said the vast majority of people take little to no interest in PC security and having to deal with popup questions is the last thing they want to deal with.

My point here is user friendliness is of huge importance in the real world, and in that regard NIS is the clear winner here.

techgeek88

Mar 16, 2011
For me it would be comparing losing a foot versus losing a hand. I'd rather lose a foot than a hand for sure. I pick CIS just because I would refuse to run NIS if it was the last AV on the market. CIS is ok, but they need to work on their popups and notification system and alert screens. No way I could put this on Client's PCs.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
techgeek88 said:
For me it would be comparing losing a foot versus losing a hand. I'd rather lose a foot than a hand for sure. I pick CIS just because I would refuse to run NIS if it was the last AV on the market. CIS is ok, but they need to work on their popups and notification system and alert screens. No way I could put this on Client's PCs.
When was the last time you used CIS?
I could put it on client PCs no trouble.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
techgeek88 said:

You can pre config CIS to give no pop ups.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
psyside1 said:
How about both? Nav + Comodo FW? :)

Ye, i know its a bit overkill but i love both products and can't decide whicoh one to remove :(

yes.. that great combine
i'm already test it on my YT channel :p
hmm..
but for PAID i'm choose NIS 2011 and for free avast 6 with comodo FW

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.