NIS Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeb

Thread author
Jun 17, 2011
Hi Guys,

For those of you that run NIS 2012 I'm wondering if you all run it at basically default config, or whether there are settings you change to enhance it.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
When I used NIS 2012, I re-call going into the settings and enabling Boot Time Protection. Apart from adding some exclusions to some folders of mine I changed no other settings. :)

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
MrXidus said:
When I used NIS 2012, I re-call going into the settings and enabling Boot Time Protection. Apart from adding some exclusions to some folders of mine I changed no other settings. :)

yep same as me, i think it should be enabled by default, dosen't really slow boot down to much on my pc :)

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Deeb said:
Hi Guys,

For those of you that run NIS 2012 I'm wondering if you all run it at basically default config, or whether there are settings you change to enhance it.

When I was using NIS, I changed the Heuristics and SONAR settings to aggressive. This may result in more false positives. If this happens you can return to the default settings, although I never encountered any issues.

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
You can change the Smart Firewall settings if you prefer an interactive mode [prompts and frequent interaction may be the price to pay for the involvement].

Advanced Settings - Configure
nis2012smartfirewall01.png

Automatic Program Control is ON by default.
nis2012smartfirewall02.png

You can switch it OFF and then configure the Advanced Events Monitoring
nis2012smartfirewall03.png

D

Deleted member 178

There is a way to only select NAV with NIS installer?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Norton have separate installers for their programs.

Imagine going to download NAV, but you get N360 Premium instead. The user ends up paying $20 more for something they didn't need.

Wait... that already happens with Comodo IS software. Is that why you asked? :p

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:

:D

i meant i have a license for NIS but just want to use the AV part and keep Comodo FW.

or does the license for NIS works for NAV?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As for the License I do not know, contact their Support or Forums.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Earth said:

i meant i have a license for NIS but just want to use the AV part and keep Comodo FW.

The licenses aren't interchangeable with different products. You can't use a NIS license on NAV and vice versa.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
These never get old. :biggrin:

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Earth said:
Imagine going to download NAV, but you get N360 Premium instead. The user ends up paying $20 more for something they didn't need.

Yeah, I guess maybe if you can't read you may have a problem picking the right application... :rolleyes:

anitac

Nov 29, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Earth said:

See if they will convert your licence. Quickest way for this query is http://norton.com/livechat

Please let me know the outcome, I might be wanting to do this with a licence I have not yet used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.