• Adobe Dreamweaver CC

What do you think guys?

- Thanks and I wish you a good day :)

Last edited:

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
nice config. u can change to avast with a costum install. :) i would wait for the 2015 version it isnt that long until it get released.) the detectionrate on deepscreen is 30% better as the 2014 version. i would only touch comodo if u know what ur doing and how to configure it, then its one of the best out.

Reactions: YuanJiawj

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
nice config. u can change to avast with a costum install. :) i would wait for the 2015 version it isnt that long until it get released.) the detectionrate on deepscreen is 30% better as the 2014 version. i would only touch comodo if u know what ur doing and how to configure it, then its one of the best out.
thanks! Then maybe its better wait for 2015 version Avast? i can wait too :)

Reactions: Logethica

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Nitlott. Thank you for sharing your configuration, and joining our community as well!:)
I feel particularly impressed because I also happen to be using each of your three extensions now on Google Chrome.
Here are the additional two:
  1. A Java script blocker which protects against vulnerabilities while visiting sites both familiar and unfamiliar, is ScriptBlock https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/scriptblock/hcdjknjpbnhdoabbngpmfekaecnpajba
  2. LastPass is a password manager/generator that uses encryption security, and has become my favorite extension. You can read about, & download it here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lastpass-free-password-ma/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd It truly has made one area of my life more carefree!:cool:
Knowing both QIS and Avast! are among the favorites here on MT and abroad, and also coming from using both Windows native AV & Firewall, I can happily recommend Avast! even as I continue using Windows Firewall, I have had no problems, infections, or complaints. It has been very light for us on our Windows 8.1 system, and my wife giggles when the Siri-like voice speaks unexpectedly, "Avast! database has been updated!":p:D

Lastly, you might try the program represented (below) by that big banner that looks like a kite o_O for an extra layer of protection. Originally developed to enhance IE security, it works on all browsers, renders all changes made through your browser "temporary", and is a great way to try extensions before you decide whether to commit to keeping them. It kind of feels like having a disposable space suit for when you wish to explore uncharted internet space!:D
Changes you wish to keep such as updates & security patches, must be done without the use of a "sandbox".

PS Hope you continue to like & keep active here on MT!;)

Last edited:

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
Hello Nitlott. Thank you for sharing your configuration, and joining our community as well!:)
I feel particularly impressed because I also happen to be using each of your three extensions now on Google Chrome.
Here are the additional two:
  1. A Java script blocker which protects against vulnerabilities while visiting sites you are unfamiliar with. ScriptBlock https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/scriptblock/hcdjknjpbnhdoabbngpmfekaecnpajba
  2. LastPass is a password manager/generator that uses encryption security, and has become my favorite extension. You can read about, & download it here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lastpass-free-password-ma/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd It truly has made this one area of my life more carefree.:cool:
Knowing both QIS and Avast! are among the favorites here and abroad, and also coming from using both Windows native AV & Firewall, I can happily recommend Avast! even as I continue using Windows Firewall, I have had no problems, infections, or complaints. It has been very light for us on our Windows 8.1 system.:)

Lastly, you might try the program represented (below) by that big banner that looks like a kite o_O for an extra layer of protection. Originally developed to enhance IE security, it works on all browsers, renders all changes made through your browser "temporary", and is a great way to try extensions before you decide whether to commit to keeping them. It kind of feels like having a disposable space suit for when you wish to explore uncharted internet space!:D
Changes you wish to keep such as updates & security patches, must be done without the use of a "sandbox".

PS Hope you continue to like & keep active here on MT!;)

thank you for the comment and welcome, for now haven't JAVA installed on my computer and I thought to use LastPass to manage my passwords... think I will use. :p about of Sandboxie thanks for the recommendation ill try test and use.

Greetz buddy!

Alucard

Level 2
Verified
Sep 28, 2014
Nice configuration you have.
I struggled to use Sandboxie personally and didn't really like it.
I saw Shadow Defender as a possible replacement, if you're interested you could check that out as well and see which one you like better.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
very good config you got there looks solid maybe you should add another browser just to be sure;)

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
Nice configuration you have.
I struggled to use Sandboxie personally and didn't really like it.
I saw Shadow Defender as a possible replacement, if you're interested you could check that out as well and see which one you like better.
Thanks, i go to try test Shadow Defender too! :)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
you can add firefox or cyberfox 64 bit whichis also fast and very stable and has the add-ons of firefox. you can also add palemoon another fifefox based browser but very stable. i use it for over a year and i am very happy with it
hope i have helped you and given you some good ideas to work with;):)

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
you can add firefox or cyberfox 64 bit whichis also fast and very stable and has the add-ons of firefox. you can also add palemoon another fifefox based browser but very stable. i use it for over a year and i am very happy with it
hope i have helped you and given you some good ideas to work with;):)
Thank you! i got to try use Cyberfox... :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.