Nevi

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
No internet connection after installing Windows.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I have tried to download some drivers, but it seems it was the wrong ones.
I have used an older build on a boot USB pen,and when I used that Windows found all drivers. Now I have used media tool, and made a boot USB pen with the newest build. But when I use that my computer has no internet when it's done. Why doesn't it find the drivers?
Any help will be appreciated.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Yes, PuP and adware but I'm sure this App is safer than Google Chrome. just install your network driver and after that uninstall DriverPack.
Another tool:
Driver Talent for Network Card - Download Network Drivers without Internet | Driver Talent
Avs detect all these tools as malware but you have to solve your problem.
Idk why Eset don't detect Edge as a pup ( it auto start without permission)to me Edge is more malicious than driver pack but Avs not gonna detect it:)

Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
3DP should work, but the standard version Snappy Driver Installer won't work as it requires an internet connection. The offline version of SDI is 17GB, which is a very large download just to install missing network drivers.
that's the problem. I just download wifi and ethernet drivers with SDI and store in my USB
during torrenting, he can choose what drivers to download

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I use Eset and it found something nasty in the off line. exe. A PUP.
Win 32/DriverPack
They install Driver pack service in background and other things that's why AV removed it in the first place.
If you know your hardware correctly, then download cab packages from windows update catalog or from Win-raid or station-drivers

Upvote 0

Thirio

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
Snappy Driver Installer Origin seems to be the most trustworthy driver updater at the moment. Free, open source, no bloat, portable and accurate driver detection. There seem to be 2 Snappy Driver Installer versions. Snappy Driver Installer Origin and Snappy Driver Installer. The first one seems to be the original where the second is some other version which includes who knows what. The original has a Valid Signature while the other does not. Go with the original as it is more trustworthy and doesn't seem to bundle any dodgy stuff.

Upvote 0

Nevi

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I have not found out yet, whether it worked. When I reinstalled my laptop yesteday, it found all drivers by itself. But now I have the Snappy Driver, so if I run into the problem (it seems it's only my main PC that didn't want to load the drivers), I have the drivers. Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
The first one seems to be the original where the second is some other version which includes who knows what.
Snappy Driver Installer is the original. One of the developers didn't like the direction SDI was taking so he created SDI Origin.
Download Snappy Driver Installer Origin - MajorGeeks
Snappy Driver Installer Origin is a fork of Snappy Driver Installer designed by a former contributing developer and build master who felt that project had gone astray.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.