no improvement in avast 7 for behaviour shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
1234avast said:
putting block as the behaviour shield option is good.... it doesn't block or deny any legit programs only detects and denies the programs it detects as suspicious events at auto decide... so putting the option to block will block everything recorded down as suspicious events when the option is on auto decide

The main problem with putting it on block, many legitimate processes, software, etc. have suspicious behavior, just because the behavior is suspicious doesn't mean that it is bad.

There is a reason why Avast choose to set it to Auto-decide by default.
Avast developers are not stupid, they know auto-decide is the best option for most situations. Sooner or later having it set to block will corrupt some legitimate processes, software, installers, drivers, etc. It might be awhile before you notice but it will happen.

Thanks.:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Allow and Block option will be only hand by the experience users, that accepts any risk may result.

For Avast Team their product, design to be user friendly so any first time users will not bother the settings.

1234avast

Apr 5, 2012
lol hope avast will tweak it :) block going awesome here... :D working for me... doesnt seem to affect any program

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
well,yesterday i was installing 7-zip and it blocked something when it was installing i moved it to ask for now

1234avast

Apr 5, 2012
MODERATOR EDIT:

the video is a total injustice....please see my comment on that video on youtube :exclamation:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.