Troubleshoot No Power Options on Windows 10 Login screen (Split)

disisj0e

Thread author
Jan 16, 2016
I have a shutdown button on the Login Screen...
View attachment 71434

Solution
Method 1: Add Shutdown Button with Group Policy

1. Press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run box. Type gpedit.msc and press Enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
  2. In left-side pane, navigate to Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options.
  3. In the right pane select the “Shutdown: Allow system to be shut down without having to log on” policy and double-click on it. Select Enable and click Apply and OK.
    shutdown-requires-logon.png

4. Now restart your computer. The shutdown button will disappear from your Windows login screen.
Method 2: AddShutdown Button with Registry Trick

1. Press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run box. Type regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
  2. In left-side pane, navigate toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
  3. In the right pane, double-click on shutdownwithoutlogon and set its value to 1 as shown in screenshot below:
    shutdown-without-logon.png

4. That’s it! Reboot your PC to see logon screen without the shutdown button.

Is there another method to accomplish this? I'm having the same issue with no power options on login screen. I have windows 10, there is no gpedit. I tried method 2 and got all the way to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System however there was no "shutdownwithoutlogon" listed in this folder.

Can I add this? can it be located in another folder?

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.