Thales

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Hi,

My Aspire A315-41 has M.2 SSD in default. I wanted to put an additional 2.5 Kingstone SSD in my laptop but I can't find any connectivity option.

IMG_20190806_072953.jpgIMG_20190806_073001.jpgIMG_20190806_073008.jpg

Thales

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
No, because I already have M.2 type SSD in my notebook.
I have 2.5 inch SSD and the SSD/HDD slot is empty I wanted to put it there but I can't see any connectivity option.

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

I did some quick reading and its seems like you may not be able to add a 2.5 drive. It seems like Acer uses this case for a few versions of this laptop and unfortunately yours has a slot for a 2.5 drive, but no connectors. Personally I think is laziness and misleading on Acer's part, not to mention a complete waste of space if you don't intend to make it usable.

Upvote 0

Thales

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
I did some quick reading and its seems like you may not be able to add a 2.5 drive. It seems like Acer uses this case for a few versions of this laptop and unfortunately yours has a slot for a 2.5 drive, but no connectors. Personally I think is laziness and misleading on Acer's part, not to mention a complete waste of space if you don't intend to make it usable.
What a waste of space and indeed laziness. :emoji_expressionless:
Thank you! :emoji_pray:

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

What a waste of space and indeed laziness. :emoji_expressionless:
Thank you! :emoji_pray:
No problem. it's very unfortunate really. If it's a cost saving measure, I really cannot fathom how much they expect to save, like 10 cents? Another thing that came to mind is that if you want to want to use the SSD, you could always put it into an external enclosure, or get one of those Sata to USB cables and use it that way. I know its not the same as having it built in, but at least it won't go to waste, that's assuming you already have the drive.;)

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey
Upvote 0

Thales

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
No problem. it's very unfortunate really. If it's a cost saving measure, I really cannot fathom how much they expect to save, like 10 cents? Another thing that came to mind is that if you want to want to use the SSD, you could always put it into an external enclosure, or get one of those Sata to USB cables and use it that way. I know its not the same as having it built in, but at least it won't go to waste, that's assuming you already have the drive.;)
Indeed, I already have it from my Desktop PC. I think that's gonna be the only option to use my SSD but that also means additional cost.
Whatever at least I can also use the external SSD to connect to my Smart TV and watch movies :)

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.