Nokia Lumia 625 leaks in full ahead of its launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
Nokia teased a big announcement earlier today, that is expected to happen tomorrow morning. As luck would have it, we didn't even have to wait the whole long day to find out as the star of the show just leaked. The WP8 Lumia 625 smartphone photos and full specs sheet appeared and the color of the smartphone perfectly matches the teaser image.

gsmarena_002.jpg

gsmarena_003.jpg

The Nokia Lumia 625 sports a 4.7-inch LCD display with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels and a density of 201ppi. The screen is protected by a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 2 and features super sensitive touch technology, which allows you to operate it using nails and gloves.

Nokia Lumia 625 is powered by a Snapdragon S4 chipset with a 1.2 GHz dual-core Krait CPU and 512 MB of RAM. The smartphone comes with 8 GB of internal memory, but there's also a microSD card for expanding that by up to 64 GB. The Lumia 625 measures 133.25 x 72.25 x 9.15 mm and weighs 159g and is pretty much the same size of the recently launched Lumia 1020.

At the back of Nokia Lumia 625 is a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash, which is capable of shooting 1080p videos at 30fps. The camera comes with the cool Cinemagraph, Panorama, Smart Camera lens apps preinstalled.

The connectivity options for the mid-range Lumia 625 include dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS and GLONASS support as well as Bluetooth 4.0. The smartphone also supports a wide range of networks including quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, HSPA and even LTE.

Source

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth what is your experience so far with the Nokia Lumia? Good? Bad? As considering this to be my next phone.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
It depends. If you don't care that much about customization and you don't install a lot of apps I would say go with WP. I recommend a Lumia 620 or 720 for something that is value for money. I think this Lumia 625 is another one to keep in mind if its price wasn't high.

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice that this question is for Earth :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
It depends. If you don't care that much about customization and you don't install a lot of apps I would say go with WP. I recommend a Lumia 620 or 720 for something that is value for money.

That's the thing, I don't really install apps. Apart from ones I use every day. Sounds "noobish" but do you need AV software for WP?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Nokia has a good range of preinstalled Apps. Some apps require an Xbox account, ie. the BBC iPlayer app, which is sort of a bad thing. But that can be fixed with TVCatchup, although it's only Live TV (not on-demand).

Another thing to mention about Games, they're not all Xbox games, so you can enjoy playing some really good ones without an Xbox account.

Apps made by Nokia are good quality (HERE, Music, Play To, etc.), but due to the lack of support from main developers brings the platform down a notch.

It's not the fact you don't need one, but because there is no Antivirus for WP8, except maybe AVG Family Safety, but that's just content-filtering using the IE browser. See more here:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/avg-family-safety-8/1df94db9-d1b4-4a6a-942e-4e04c97fb32c

Regarding the 625, having expandable storage is always a bonus. :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
The only thing that would hold me back there is not having an Xbox account. I like the sound of no AV also, another less application I don't need on the phone. Plus I wouldn't really use it for gaming as such, mainly Facebook and the Internet when I'm out and about.

The storage would be another big thing for me, as I currently have all my music (that I listen to the most) on my SD card, as it won't fit on the current internal storage amount. Neither can most apps. With the HTC Wildfire, you get 150MB of internal storage, but once you update the apps, that come with the phone, like Google Maps, Adobe Reader, YouTube, Google Play Services and what not, that will leave you (for me at least) about 25MB left, which on top of that I have Trend installed, which is about 10MB in itself, plus I can't move apps like that to the SD card, as obviously you need them on the phone. Oh, and forgot about Facebook, that would take up the rest of the space, so not much space left. So storage would be a nice feature to have as well.

Does the storage vary from each version of the Lumia?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You don't need an Xbox account, but it's an extension on top of a normal Microsoft account. However to access the Store you need a Microsoft account, so it's worth creating a new Outlook account, or your old Hotmail should work.

Internal storage varies, you'll need to research this yourself and see what's more important.

Everything should be self-explanitory, so check out this album:
http://imgur.com/a/EioaG

More details:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/How-to/wp8/start/syncing-and-moving
PS: You don't need any additional software, you can use Windows Explorer or download the Windows Phone software to Windows/Mac or use the Windows 8/RT versions.

You'll figure it out! :D

Pitch complete, did I make you want to use WP?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
You kinda have now, no AV, storage and no additional software. I have an email with Hotmail/Live/Microsoft, not sure what domain part of the website it's from, but it's a @fbi.al email. If that one would be okay, I would use that.

Plus, I do like the Metro look and the WP certainly has that. Will shop around here in Australia to see what I can find. :)

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Phone is now official: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_625_brings_a_47_screen_lte_to_the_masses-news-6436.php

Nice, it looks to be priced well for the specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.