Nokia smartphones to return in 2017

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
Group of former Nokia executives licenses the brand name from Microsoft and Nokia to make Android smartphones

Do you pine for the days of your Nokia 3210? When phones were simple and the Finish company was cutting edge?

That’s the kind of nostalgia that the Nokia brand will be banking on when it returns to the smartphone market next year, after selling out to Microsoft in 2013.

A company set up by former Nokia employees called HMD Global has licensed the Nokia brand name from Microsoft, struck partnerships with device manufacturer Foxconn and intends to launch an Android smartphone in the early part of 2017.

The head of HMD Global, Arto Nummela, said: “Consumers may be carrying different smartphones now, but are they really in love and loyal to those brands?”

HMD Global will be looking to stir nostalgia in an effort to challenge the big and small players of the highly competitive smartphone market, dominated by Samsung and Apple, as well as Chinese brands such as Huawei.

Nummela said: “We want to be one of the key competitive players in the smartphone business.”

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The smartphone of Nokia is indeed a serious production; the specifications are already packed with maximum MP of Camera (20+), decent processor not just like RockChip and efficient battery consumption.

People will surely curious on how Nokia performs since it will power by Android.

RicharDooM

Level 1
Verified
Dec 6, 2016
Uhhh... I feel sorry for Nokia and how everything changed so quickly... I just loved Symbian on Nokia's old models, I still have N900 I use for some of my business 'cause for me, it's waaaay more funcitional than Android which I can't stand :/ I'm sorry to hear thay will use that OS, but I guess it has to be that way since Windows has no support on the market right now. I use Nokia running on Windows as well, and I'm quite iritated because there are no apps available for pretty much anything...
However, I wish them luck!!!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.