Norman Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
anyone here using Norman security?? any idea which engine they use?? or they using their own engine......

and their GUI is also not that attractive ( personal opinion ) compared to other security suites.......

Norman-Security-Suite-PRO-Antispam_001.png

what do you thinks??

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Only thing I can find is this. The interface, isn't the best I think, to culluterd.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
^^ yes, very less info in internet, but their detection rate is quite good.........
a months ago, i tested with some of the malware packs

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Malware-Pack-91-malware-samples?pid=64594#pid64594
105 samples test
80 samples

results were quite good ....

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Never tested it before, so I would not have an idea on what and how it performs.

Dashke

Level 1
Feb 3, 2012
Yup, I am using it on one of my computers. It is good, nothing special actually... Silent, detection is good, not using much resources, everything seems ok. :)
P.S. They are using their own engine.

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
I have used it for a while , nothing special , detection is ok
I found it performs ok Ram usage was ok well but can be slow to detect some new malware
The GUI has always been simple ,
some False positives ,
It dose it job but would not use a first line of defense,

DeadDrop

Aug 19, 2012
Tried the Norman Malware Cleaner got 66% on 0-day Malware :( So it isn't the best but not the worst

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
^^ yes, but it is the one of the oldest antivirus company.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_ASA

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.