jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Our best protection and performance ever

Compatible with Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Norton Protection System: Four unique layers of protection keep you and your Stuff safe from threats, so you can go more places and do more things online without worry.

Browser Protection: Gives you the freedom to safely surf, shop, socialize, and enjoy all of your favorite online activities by stopping online threats before they can reach you and your Stuff.

SONAR 4 Behavioral Protection: Protects you and your Stuff from threats that haven’t even been indentified yet, so you can share files and go online safely, without having to wait for updates.

Try any Norton 2013 Beta and receive 40% off the full version release!

Norton’s development team is working hard to ensure our award winning range of PC Security products will continue to lead the category in 2013. With this beta release, you’ll experience better-than-ever 4 layer protection system that will quickly detect and eliminate almost any threat, no matter where you go or what you do online. Cloud based Norton Management lets download, install, transfer, update or renew Norton products from anywhere right over the internet.

Link for more information

The interface of beta is likely similar for some show off of metro thing.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Downloading now and it's not as stable as other beta releases.

Edit: More screenshots coming soon.

Norton Download Manager

zaV1t.png

Files that are downloaded

N13f3.png

Agree & Install Options

Lt9U2.png

b6vJ0.png

Installation & Starting & Completion (Followed by Activation)

dSDkd.png

RcjOy.png

KOxbj.png

Norton 360 2013 BETA

A3qez.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I found it too unstable for use.

Uninstall Preferences

7fli8.png

Before removal of N360 2013 BETA

tc9b3.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There was considerable slow-down and lagging when launching Chrome. I believe it was due to whatever Norton does in the background after initial installation.

I didn't test against any malicious files.

LochNess

Apr 2, 2011
Thank You for 'Heads-Up'... I currently use NIS 2012 and looking forward to New Version... although, I usually wait for awhile to download to give them a chance to work the 'kinks' out...

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I love the interface it has. Look nice and clean and simple.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
I like their idea of including NPE into the program and auto updating it with it's usual updates. Also supposedly allows hardware acceleration which could speed things up if you have a compatible graphix card.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
More and more programs are going for metro. UI looks uncluttered by screen real estate can be used better by adding performance graph or something. iScream yes. Metro apps use a default framework to get them same look and feel.

Earth in explorer how did you get that Orange colored bar?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
malbky said:
Earth in explorer how did you get that Orange colored bar?

Using a custom VS - http://fav.me/d4t5hn8 :D

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I've just installed NIS 2013 BETA and after updating it and restart , my Chrome web browser will freeze and then crash when trying to load a web page. This crash seems to be caused by Norton's plugin ,more specifically by Norton Confidential feature.
Did anyone experienced this problem?
[attachment=1195][attachment=1194]
Had to remove the Norton plugin from Chrome to actually being able to use the browser........

Here is the main user interface
attachment.php

I've posted more NIS 2013 images in this thread.

Attachments

• nortonfail.png
    nortonfail.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 544
  • nortonfail2.png
    nortonfail2.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 586

anitac

Nov 29, 2011
Chrome and N360 2013 works flawlessly for me. If no one else has you should post about it in their forum so they can fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.