norton737

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2013

bnr_norton_2014_more_secure_945x393.png

New features in this release :
  • Advanced repair
    An increasingly common byproduct of a modern malware infection is damage to critical Windows system files, requiring a time-consuming reinstall of the operating system. Drawing on Symantec’s Global Intelligence Network, new advanced repair capabilities leverage a broader set of Internet-connected resources to repair Windows system files that have been broken or crippled by malware, faster and with greater consistency.
  • Improved SONAR engine
    Protecting against malware is a cat-and-mouse game in which we are continually challenged to improve our products in response to changes in malware techniques. This year we significantly improved the behavioral-based protection engine called SONAR, which operates on the premise that while the physical nature of malware changes, its behavior often does not. As a result, SONAR now allows the latest products to discover and shut down malware that attempts to disguise its bad behavior by operating inside legitimate Windows processes.
  • SONAR-assisted remediation and cleanup
    Understanding what happened after a malware attack can be as tricky as deconstructing a crime scene. SONAR helps with the removal and cleanup of malware attempts by saving the evidence of the attack for later use by Norton’s repair technologies. This remediation helps to ensure that all traces of a malware attack are removed and a system is returned to its original state.
  • Simpler setup and management
    For users who prefer to install via Web download or who don’t have a CD/DVD drive, this release improves the installation and setup experience. Users can quickly download and install the latest version of their product for their device type and subsequently ensure that all their devices are protected.
  • Faster performance
    We know our users don’t want security getting in the way of their normal day-to-day interactions as they use their PC. So each year, we’ve made it a goal to keep improving the speed of our performance while ensuring that we continue to deliver world-class protection. This release continues to raise the bar. Based on recent testing, compared with last year’s releases, we have improved boot time by 15 percent, install speed by 10 percent and memory usage during scan by 100MBs, resulting in our fastest and lightest performance yet. (Source: PassMark, August 2013)
  • Enhanced Norton Identity Safe
    This release brings a whole new look to our password management tool. It also includes improved form filling, with drag-and-drop functionality and full vault searches available directly from the toolbar to help manage passwords even more securely and conveniently.

! Important ! Fianl Version is 21.0.1.3 / not 21.0.0.100 /!
! Important ! If you have installed the beta build 21.0.0.100 - soon there will be more beta version available / with improved Windows 8.1 compatibility and etc. / so if you want to test new beta versions don't remove 21.0.0.100. If you have beta version and you want to install the final product - first uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs (don't save settings) and after that download the final version from here :

Norton 2014 / 21.0.2.1 / Download Links :

Download Norton Antivirus 2014 /21.0.1.3/

Download Norton Internet Security 2014 /21.0.2.1/

Download Norton 360 2014 /21.0.2.1/

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Cheers for the update. Is SONAR now what version in 2014?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I meant what version is SONAR at now. According to Wikipedia SONAR 2.0 was released the 2010 product line and SONAR 4.0 released with 2012 with protection against NPT. Does the 2014 product line have SONAR 5.0, and what new offerings does it provide?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SONAR_(Symantec)

Thanks. :D Always good to know.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Earth said:
I meant what version is SONAR at now. According to Wikipedia SONAR 2.0 was released the 2010 product line and SONAR 4.0 released with 2012 with protection against NPT. Does the 2014 product line have SONAR 5.0, and what new offerings does it provide?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SONAR_(Symantec)

Thanks. :D Always good to know.

I have read somewhere that the Sonar version is 6.0 but I don't remember the website I have read.
Cannot confirm it either but I think I remember correctly and if it was true than its version 6.0

norton737

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
"When I met with Symantec representatives prior to this review, they explained a truly impressive new feature that's been added to the current version. Sometimes malware infests essential Windows components, in effect taking them hostage. The antivirus can't quarantine the infected file without disabling Windows. The best solution would be to replace the file with a clean copy of the original, but licensing issues prevent doing so directly.

To clean up this kind of problem, the product first consults the immense Norton Insight database to locate the corresponding clean file, then runs a cloud-based comparison against the infected edition. It supplies the local Norton installation with a file that represents the difference between the two—in effect, a set of instructions for changing the corrupted file back to its clean equivalent. Once the clean file has been verified, the cleanup is complete.

I frequently run into big problems with antivirus products that get too aggressive and delete important Windows files. I'm really impressed with the cleverness of this technology."
PCMag Norton Antivirus 2014 Reveiw

norton737

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
The first post is updated because of 21.0.2.1 Product Update! :)
!!!Important: This update release is NOT available through Live Update so you can download it from the links from the first post. Run the setup and it'll automatically update your Norton!

What are the changes in this Update?
This NIS, NAV & 360 21.0.2.1 Update fixes a driver conflict issue between SND and other third party drivers on Windows 8. This conflict had primarily caused customers in Brazil who access online banking to lose Internet connectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.